Thursday 19 December 1929
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 19, 1929). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Paul Nizon and Lorenzo Buffon.
Skyscraper Symphony, directed by Robert Florey, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 December 1929
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 December 1929!
Which were the important events of 19 December 1929 ?
- 2003 - the events of the fictional docu-drama The Day Britain Stopped take place.
- Roman festivals - Opalia
- Also see December 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Paul Nizon
- Lorenzo Buffon: Italian soccer player, goalkeeper.
- Bob Brookmeyer: American trombonist pianist and composer (The Thad Jones/Mel Lewis Orchestra) (d. 2011).
- Herman T: M Lauxtermann; Dutch second chamber member (VVD).
- Gregory Carroll: American singer-songwriter and producer (The Orioles and The Four Buddies) (d. 2013).
- Howard Sackler: American playwright and screenwriter (d. 1982).
- David Douglas: 12th Marquess of Queensberry Scottish potter.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1929 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Ruth Etting - More Than You Know
- Chant of the Jungle - Roy Ingraham & His Orchestra