Thursday 19 December 1929
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Herman T and Lorenzo Buffon.
Sunnyside Up, directed by David Butler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 December 1929!
Which were the important events of 19 December 1929 ?
- 2003 - the events of the fictional docu-drama The Day Britain Stopped take place.
- Roman festivals - Opalia
- Also see December 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Herman T: M Lauxtermann; Dutch second chamber member (VVD).
- Lorenzo Buffon: Italian soccer player, goalkeeper.
- Bob Brookmeyer: American trombonist pianist and composer (The Thad Jones/Mel Lewis Orchestra) (d. 2011).
- David Douglas: 12th Marquess of Queensberry Scottish potter.
- Gregory Carroll: American singer-songwriter and producer (The Orioles and The Four Buddies) (d. 2013).
- Howard Sackler: American playwright and screenwriter (d. 1982)
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?