Tuesday 21 September 1965
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Richard Brown and Frederic Beigbeder.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Eve Of Destruction by Barry McGuire.
In UK (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction by The Rolling Stones was in the top 5 hits.
Les vampires, directed by Louis Feuillade, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Up The Down Staircase by Bel Kaufman was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Morning Star.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 September 1965!
Which were the important events of 21 September 1965 ?
- Mabon - Neopagan festival of Mabon
- International Day of Peace of the United Nations, as propagated by Peace One Day
- In ancient Greece, the eighth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the secret rites in the Telesterion finish and the feast, Pannychis, begins.
- Philippines - Thanksgiving Day
- Independence Day in Malta (1964), Belize (1981) & Armenia (1991)
- Also see September 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Matthew the Evangelist
- Richard Brown: NFL linebacker (Minn Vikings).
- Frederic Beigbeder: French writer and critic.
- Frédéric Beigbeder: French writer and literary critic.
- Cheryl Hines: American actress director and producer.
- Juanjo Mena: Spanish conductor.
- Gambia, Maldives and Singapore are admitted as members of the United Nations.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 21 September 1965
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Barry McGuire - Eve Of Destruction
- The McCoys - Hang On Sloopy
- We Five - You Were On My Mind
- Dave Clark Five - Catch Us If You Can
- The Beatles - Help!
- Ramsey Lewis Trio - The In Crowd
- Bob Dylan - Like A Rolling Stone
- The Turtles - It Ain't Me Babe
- The Yardbirds - Heart Full Of Soul
- Sonny - Laugh At Me
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?