Sunday 24 October 1965
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Dave McClain and Donald Frank.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Yesterday by The Beatles.
In UK Tears by Ken Dodd was in the top 5 hits.
Alphaville, directed by Jean-Luc Godard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
On TV people were watching John Klings Abenteuer.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 October 1965!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 24 October 1965 ?
- Also see October 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In The Fellowship of the Ring, by J.R.R. Tolkien, the date is mentioned to Frodo Baggins by Gandalf upon his waking in Rivendell.
- Discordianism - Maladay
- Zambia - Independence Day (1964)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Antonio Maria Claret
- United Nations Day (charter 1945)
- Dave McClain
- Donald Frank: NFL cornerback (Minn Vikings).
- Vernice Smith: NFL guard (Washington Redskins, St. Louis Rams).
- Magnús Jónsson: Icelandic actor, he came to the U.S.
- Kyriakos Velopoulos: German-Greek journalist and politician.
- Marlene Hagge wins LPGA Phoenix Thunderbirds Golf Tournament
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Yesterday
- Roy Head - Treat Her Right
- The Toys - A Lover's Concerto
- The Rolling Stones - Get Off Of My Cloud
- The Gentrys - Keep On Dancing
- The McCoys - Hang On Sloopy
- Herman's Hermits - Just A Little Bit Better
- Gary Lewis and the Playboys - Everybody Loves A Clown
- Bob Dylan - Positively 4th Street
- The Vogues - You're The One
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?