Tuesday 25 April 1961
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Dinesh D'Souza .
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Runaway by Del Shannon.
In UK Wooden Heart by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
The Beast of Yucca Flats, directed by Coleman Francis, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1961
while A Burnt-Out Case by Graham Greene was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Ernie Kovacs Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 April 1961!
Which were the important events of 25 April 1961 ?
- ANZAC Day (Australia, New Zealand).
- Saint Filo.
- Official Red Hat Society day.
- Carnation Revolution commemorated in Portugal (National Holiday).
- Roman Empire - Robigalia in honor of Robigus.
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of Haile Selassie's visit to Jamaica.
- Fuck the Earth Day - Declared by Jon Stewart in the April 24th, 2006 episode.
- Swaziland - National Flag Day.
- Faroe Islands - National Flag Day.
- Sinai Liberation Day, (Egypt), Celebrates the withdrawal of Israeli troops from the Sinai peninsula.
- Saint Anianus
- Alice Day - celebration of the relationship between Alice Liddell and Lewis Carroll.
- World Penguin Day
- Easter Sunday - 1886, 1943, 2038. In the Gregorian Calendar 25th April is the latest date on which Easter Sunday can fall (22nd March is the earliest).
- Yom HaShoah, or Holocaust Remembrance Day, falls on April 25 in 2006.
- Festa della Liberazione, (Italy), annual commemoration to mark the liberation of Italy at the end of the Second World War.
- Saint Ermin
- Saint Mark the Evangelist
- Dinesh D'Souza: Indian-American journalist and author.
- Hans F Blunck: Writer.
- Mercury / Atlas rocket lifted off with an electronic mannequin
- Unmanned Mercury test explodes on launch pad
- Robert Noyce is granted a patent for an integrated circuit.
- Mercury/Atlas rocket lifts off with an electronic mannequin.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1961 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Del Shannon - Runaway
- The Marcels - Blue Moon
- Ernie K-Doe - Mother-In-Law
- Clarence Frogman Henry - But I Do
- Floyd Cramer - On The Rebound
- Gene McDaniels - A Hundred Pounds Of Clay
- Linda Scott - I've Told Every Little Star
- Brenda Lee - You Can Depend On Me
- Adam Wade - Take Good Care Of Her
- Ray Charles - One Mint Julep
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?