Thursday 27 April 1961
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Andy Schlafly and Moana Pozzi.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Runaway by Del Shannon.
In UK Wooden Heart by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
The Beast of Yucca Flats, directed by Coleman Francis, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1961
while The Agony And The Ecstasy by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Ernie Kovacs Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 April 1961!
Which were the important events of 27 April 1961 ?
- Saint Liberalis
- Saint Mariana
- Saint Floribert
- Rochester, NY: Al Franken Day.
- Catalonia: Montserrat's Day (see Montserrat).
- South Africa: Freedom day.
- Slovenia: Day of Uprising Against Occupation.
- Saint Zita Lombardo
- Andy Schlafly: American attorney, political activist and founder of Conservapedia.
- Moana Pozzi: Italian porno film who made a political bid, running on the same political ticket as Cicciolina.
- Andrew Schlafly: American lawyer and activist founded Conservapedia.
- Roy Del Ruth: Director (About Face, Folies Bergere), dies at 67.
- NASA launches Explorer 11 into Earth orbit to study gamma rays.
- NFL officially recognizes Hall of Fame in Canton, Ohio.
- Sierra Leone is granted its independence from the United Kingdom, with Milton Margai as the first Prime Minister.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 27 April 1961
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1961 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Del Shannon - Runaway
- The Marcels - Blue Moon
- Ernie K-Doe - Mother-In-Law
- Clarence Frogman Henry - But I Do
- Floyd Cramer - On The Rebound
- Gene McDaniels - A Hundred Pounds Of Clay
- Linda Scott - I've Told Every Little Star
- Brenda Lee - You Can Depend On Me
- Adam Wade - Take Good Care Of Her
- Ray Charles - One Mint Julep
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?