Saturday 25 December 2010, Christmas
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on December 25, 2010). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Firework by Katy Perry.
Nine Dead, directed by Chris Shadley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Glory Daze.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Babysitting Mama or Date Warp.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 25 December 2010
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 December 2010!
Which were the important events of 25 December 2010 ?
- Christmas Day is a Christian holiday on this day celebrating the Nativity of Jesus. It is a public holiday in many countries, including almost everywhere in the Americas, most European nations, the Philippines and most of Oceania, some African countries, the Commonwealth of Nations, and various other countries and regions. Many non-Christians, including non-theists, celebrate secular aspects of the holiday, such as decorating Christmas trees and exchanging gifts with family and friends. Some
- Pakistan - Quaid's Day is celebrated as a national holiday in Pakistan in honour of the birth of Mohammad Ali Jinnah.
- British Isles - a quarter day in England, Wales, Northern Ireland, and the Republic of Ireland. (but not in Scotland)
- Roman festivals - (re)birth of Sol Invictus, the winter solstice feast in the Roman Empire since 274.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 25 December
- Carlos Andres Perez: former President of Venezuela (Born 1922).
- At least 45 people are killed and at least 50 others are injured in Khar, Bajaur, Pakistan when a woman throws two hand grenades and detonates her vest at a World Food Programme (WFP) distribution centre in the early morning. (''The Jerusalem Post'')
- The Sudanese army says it has killed at least 40 rebels and wounded many more in a new offensive in the Darfur region, when army forces attacked joint positions of the Justice and Equality Movement and the Sudan Liberation Movement. (''The Washington Post'')
- At least 6 people are wounded as a bomb detonates in a church during Christmas Mass in the southern Philippines island of Jolo. (Al Jazeera)
- UN: Approximately 14,000 people have fled Côte d'Ivoire and headed to Liberia due to the recent presidential election dispute. (Al Jazeera)
- Mohammed Deif, the commander of the Izz ad-Din al-Qassam Brigades, Hamas' military wing in the Gaza Strip, says that the Palestinians will not give up until Israel “ceases to exist”. (Ynet)
- Aurela Gaçe wins Albania's national selection for the Eurovision Song Contest 2011 with the entry ampquotKënga imeampquot. (Eurovision.TV)
- Leading writers criticise the British government for what they describe as its ampquotrepugnant, foolish and pointlessly destructiveampquot decision to axe all funding for a free children's book scheme. (''The Guardian'')
- Vietnam’s credit rating is downgraded by credit rating agencies amid rising inflation, and a shrinking currency and widening trade deficit crisis state owned shipbuilder Vinashin defaults on a loan to a group of international lenders. (Radio Free Asia)
- A magnitude 7.3 earthquake strikes Vanuatu. A tsunami warning is issued for the region and later cancelled after a minor tsunami was recorded. (Agence France-Presse via Google News)
- An overcrowded bus plunges into ravine near El Carmen, Ecuador, killing 41. (''The Australian'')
- International filmmakers condemn the sentencing of Iranian director Jafar Panahi and a colleague to six-year sentences in jail and their being barred from writing-directing and producing films for 20-year, for opposition to the government. (MSN)
- Turkey's foreign minister Ahmet Davutoğlu reiterates his request for an apology from Israel for killing 9 Turks during May's Gaza flotilla raid (CNN)
- Three fishermen from the People's Republic of China are released from South Korean custody after their vessel collided with a Coast Guard vessel last week. (CNN.com)
- Ecuador recognises Palestine as an independent state within its 1967 borders. (''The Washington Post'')
- Mossad announces an intention to apologize to Britain for using fake British passports during the assassination of Mahmoud al-Mabhouh in Dubai in January 2010. (UPI)
- Dutch police arrest 12 Somalis on suspicion of plotting an imminent terrorist attack in the Netherlands. (Reuters)
- A dead female body is found near a golf course in North Somerset during a police search in Bristol for missing UK woman Joanna Yeates. (Sky News)
- A travel ban is announced against opposition candidates, Mir-Hossein Mousavi and Mehdi Karroubi, who featured in the disputed 2009 Iranian presidential election. (Al Jazeera)
- The GSAT-5P satellite fails to reach orbit after the Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle carrying it explodes shortly after launch. (''The Times of India'')
- Atlanta in the U.S. state of Georgia gets its first white Christmas in 128 years affecting 500 flights. (AFP via Google News)
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in December 2010?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Can't Be Friends - Trey Songz
- Aston Martin Music - Rick Ross Featuring Drake & Chrisette Michele
- No Hands - Waka Flocka Flame Featuring Roscoe Dash & Wale
- Right Thru Me - Nicki Minaj
- What's My Name? - Rihanna Featuring Drake
- Deuces - Chris Brown Featuring Tyga & Kevin McCall
- Lay It Down - Lloyd
- Make A Movie - Twista Featuring Chris Brown
- Willow - Whip My Hair
- Wiz Khalifa - Black And Yellow
Top #10 Latin songs
- Danza Kuduro - Don Omar & Lucenzo
- Loca - Shakira Featuring El Cata
- Bon, Bon - Pitbull
- Ni Lo Intentes - Julion Alvarez y Su Norteno Banda
- Nina De Mi Corazon - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- Corazon Sin Cara - Prince Royce
- Arrastrando Las Patas - Larry Hernandez
- Sergio Vega - Millonario de Amor
- Y No Regresas - Juanes
- La Despedida - Daddy Yankee
Top #10 Rock songs
- The Black Keys - Tighten Up
- Linkin Park - Waiting For The End
- Stone Sour - Say You'll Haunt Me
- World So Cold - Three Days Grace
- Neon Trees - Animal
- Mumford & Sons - Little Lion Man
- Kings Of Leon - Radioactive
- Porn Star Dancing - My Darkest Days Featuring Zakk Wylde
- Love-Hate-Sex-Pain - Godsmack
- Muse - Undisclosed Desires
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?