Wednesday 29 January 1936
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Mark Dempsey and James Jamerson.
Modern Times, directed by Charlie Chaplin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
while Drums Along the Mohawk by Walter D. Edmonds was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Theatre Parade.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 January 1936!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 29 January 1936 ?
- Mark Dempsey: American minor actor; his film work includes "To Cross the Rubicon" in 1991, "The Prodigal" in 1983, "Oh! Calcutta!" in 1972, "Palm Springs Weekend" in 1963, and "Valley of the Dragons" in 1961.
- James Jamerson: American bass player (The Funk Brothers) (d. 1983).
- Patrick Caulfield
- Malcolm Binns: Concert pianist.
- Lucien Cossou: France sport Champion.
- Veturi Murthy: Indian poet and songwriter (d. 2010).
- 1st players elected to Baseball Hall of Fame-Ty Cobb, Babe Ruth, Honus Wagner, Christy Mathewson and Walter Johnson
- The first inductees into the Baseball Hall of Fame are announced.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?