Friday 24 July 1925
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ignacio Aldecoa and Jacques Derogy.
Pretty Ladies, directed by Monta Bell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
while Glorious Apollo by E. Barrington was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 July 1925!
Which were the important events of 24 July 1925 ?
- Utah - Pioneer Day (1847)
- St. Ruffin
- St. Wulfhad
- St. David
- St. Romanus, 2nd bishop of Rochester.
- St. Lewine
- St. Kinga/Cunegundes
- St. Francis Solano
- St. Saint Christina the Astonishing
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 9 saints: St. Lupus
- Ancient Latvia - Jekaupa Diena held
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Leo
- Vanuatu - Children's Day
- Ecuador - Sim=n Bolfvar Day
- Venezuela - the Libertador (Sim=n Bolfvar Day)
- Ignacio Aldecoa: Spanish writer (Gran Sol, Caballo the Pica).
- Jacques Derogy: French journalist, a reporter at Libération newspaper, 1948-1960, at l’Express, 1959-1987 and at l’Évènement du Jeudi from1987.
- Scopes guilty of teaching evolution in a Tn HS, fined $100 and costs
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1925 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?