Friday 24 July 1925
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on July 24, 1925). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jacques Derogy and Ignacio Aldecoa.
Innocent Husbands, directed by Leo McCarey, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 24 July 1925
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 July 1925!
Which were the important events of 24 July 1925 ?
- Utah - Pioneer Day (1847)
- St. Ruffin
- St. Wulfhad
- St. David
- St. Romanus, 2nd bishop of Rochester.
- St. Lewine
- St. Kinga/Cunegundes
- St. Francis Solano
- St. Saint Christina the Astonishing
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 9 saints: St. Lupus
- Ancient Latvia - Jekaupa Diena held
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Leo
- Vanuatu - Children's Day
- Ecuador - Sim=n Bolfvar Day
- Venezuela - the Libertador (Sim=n Bolfvar Day)
- Jacques Derogy: French journalist, a reporter at Libération newspaper, 1948-1960, at l’Express, 1959-1987 and at l’Évènement du Jeudi from1987.
- Ignacio Aldecoa: Spanish writer (Gran Sol, Caballo the Pica).
- Scopes guilty of teaching evolution in a Tn HS, fined $100 and costs
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1925 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- The Flapper Wife - Nat Shilkret (as International Novelty Orchestra) (voc Gene Austin)
- Let it Rain, Let it Pour - Nat Shilkret (as International Novelty Orchestra) (voc Vernon Dalhart)
- Way Down Home - Gene Austin & Carson Robison
- Collegiate - Fred Waring's Pennsylvanians
- Adeste Fideles - Associated Glee Clubs of America