Thursday 25 May 1989
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Karel Tammjärv .
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Forever Your Girl by Paula Abdul.
In UK Hand On Your Heart by Kylie Minogue was in the top 5 hits.
Bad Taste, directed by Peter Jackson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while The Satanic Verses by Salman Rushdie was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Absolutely.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Battle Out Run or Crime Fighters.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 May 1989!
Which were the important events of 25 May 1989 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Urbanas Diena observed
- Saint Reinolf
- Saint Marie-Madeleine-Sofie Barat (died 1865)
- Virginia - Confederate Memorial Day (1868)
- Argentina - Day of May Revolution/National Day (1810)
- Towel Day, in memory of Douglas Adams, is observed in ?
- The Ascension, one of the great feasts in the Christian liturgical calendar
- Saint Bede the Venerable (died 735)
- Saint Frederic
- Saint Augustine of Canterbury
- Saint Bruno of Wnrzburg
- The former Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia - Day of Youth
- Saint Hildebert
- Chad, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Namibia, Zambia and Zimbabwe - African Liberation Day
- Officially declared Carrie Underwood Day in Oklahoma for her winning American Idol
- Jordan - National Day/Arab Renaissance Day (1946)
- Africa Day commemorating the 1963 fouding of he AU's precursor, OAU
- United States - Memorial Day/Decoration Day, a legal holiday (1868)
- Lebanon, Liberation Day (1999)
- Saint Pope Gregory VII (died 1085)
- Mariners trade Mark Langston to Montreal for Randy Johnson
- Stanley Cup: Calgary Flames beat Montreal Canadiens, 4 games to 2
- Weird Al Yankovic records She Drives Like Crazy
- Mikhail Gorbachev is elected Executive President in the Soviet Union.
- Eastern Airlines graduates its first class of non-union pilots.
- Thirteen days after a Southern Pacific train derails, a Calnev pipeline explodes at the same section of Duffy Street in San Bernardino, California.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paula Abdul - Forever Your Girl
- Jody Watley - Real Love
- Michael Damian - Rock On
- Donny Osmond - Soldier Of Love
- Guns N' Roses - Patience
- Bette Midler - Wind Beneath My Wings
- New Kids On The Block - I'll Be Loving You (Forever)
- Bobby Brown - Every Little Step
- Bon Jovi - I'll Be There For You
- Lita Ford - Close My Eyes Forever
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?