Monday 1 November 2010
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on November 1, 2010). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Like A G6 by Far*East Movement.
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1, directed by David Yates, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Extraordinary, Ordinary People by Condoleezza Rice was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching In Between Men.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Blaze Union: Story to Reach the Future or Dance Dance Revolution X2.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 November 2010
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 November 2010!
Which were the important events of 1 November 2010 ?
- Also see November 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Start of National Novel Writing Month
- World Vegan Day
- Mexico - The Day of the Dead
- Ireland - Samhain the traditional first day of Winter
- Algeria - National day
- Catholicism - Holy Day of Obligation, All Saints Day. Holiday in Austria, Belgium, Croatia, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Lithuania, Mexico, The Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia, Spain, Guatemala.
- Roman festivals - last day of the Ludi Victoriae Sullanae.
- Antigua and Barbuda - Independence Day (from Britain, 1981)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 01 November
- Two Afghan women charity workers are shot dead. They were travelling between Lashkar Gah and Garmser, a volatile area in the Helmand River valley, when they were attacked. (dawn)
- Battle of Mogadishu (2010):
- At least 12 people are killed in fighting in Mogadishu, Somalia, between pro-government forces, African Union troops and the Islamist militant al-Shabaab group. (Ennahar)
- Photographs, diaries and footage of Gyles Mackrell's rescue of refugees from the Japanese invasion of Burma in World War II are made available. (''The Independent'')
- The rebel Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK) in Turkey announces it will extend a truce until elections next year. (AFP)
- 58 hostage-takers, hostages and police officers are killed and 67 people wounded when Iraqi forces storm a Baghdad church to free dozens of hostages. (Khaleej Times)
- Four militants, including two from Lashkar-e-Toiba (LET), are killed in separate gun battles with security forces in Kupwara and Kulgam districts of Kashmir Valley, India. (Xinhua)
- A United States drone attack kills six people in northwest Pakistan. (Dawn)
- A suicide bomber kills two Pakistani policemen and wounds 10 others as security forces try to stop him from walking into their local headquarters in Swabi, 100 kilometres northwest of Islamabad. (Dawn)
- A Turkish film wins the Best Documentary award at the Thanet International Film Festival in the United Kingdom. (Hurriyet Daily)
- The People's Republic of China begins its first census in ten years. (''China Daily'')
- India and China help boost Asian shares outside Japan by 1.7%. (Livemint)
- Ambac Financial Group announces that it may have to declare bankruptcy, though it is still in talks with its senior bondholders about a consensual rescheduling of its debts. Before the 2008 financial crisis, Ambac was one of the two dominant bond insurance companies. (Reuters)
- An examiner appointed by the Delaware Bankruptcy court says that there is no value left in the estate of defunct bank Washington Mutual for the stockholders to receive anything. (Reuters)
- At least 50 people drown after a ferry-boat capsizes on the Muri Ganga River in West Bengal, India. (''Sydney Morning Herald'')
- 16 people lose their lives in separate incidents due to rainfall in various parts of the district of India in Nakapalli, Elamanchili, Payakaraopeta, Vizag, Rambilli and in other parts of Andhra Pradesh. (Deccan Chronicle)
- A large crater appears in the early hours in the central German town of Schmalkalden. (Xinhua)
- Disputed islands:
- The President of Russia Dmitry Medvedev visits Kunashiri, one of the southern Kuril Islands that are the subject of the Kuril Islands dispute between Russia and Japan. (CNN)
- The Prime Minister of Japan Naoto Kan describes Medvedev's visit as ampquotdeplorableampquot. (CNN)
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 1 November 2010
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Fortuna Dusseldorf - Duisburg : 1 - 0
La Liga Primera DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Mallorca - Levante : 2 - 1
Division 2Football (France)
- Tours - Chateauroux : 2 - 0
Premier LeagueUK Soccer
- Blackpool - West Brom : 2 - 1
Planetary positions on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in November 2010?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Deuces - Chris Brown Featuring Tyga & Kevin McCall
- Can't Be Friends - Trey Songz
- Bottoms Up - Trey Songz Featuring Nicki Minaj
- Holding You Down (Goin In Circles) - Jazmine Sullivan
- No Hands - Waka Flocka Flame Featuring Roscoe Dash & Wale
- Right Above It - Lil Wayne Featuring Drake
- Love All Over Me - Monica
- Aston Martin Music - Rick Ross Featuring Drake & Chrisette Michele
- Fancy - Drake Featuring T.I. & Swizz Beatz
- All I Want Is You - Miguel Featuring J. Cole
Top #10 Latin songs
- Loca - Shakira Featuring El Cata
- Nina De Mi Corazon - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- Danza Kuduro - Don Omar & Lucenzo
- Corazon Sin Cara - Prince Royce
- Al Diablo Lo Nuestro - Espinoza Paz
- El Malo - Aventura
- La Despedida - Daddy Yankee
- Sergio Vega - Millonario de Amor
- Cuando Me Enamoro - Enrique Iglesias Featuring Juan Luis Guerra
- Dime Que Me Quieres - Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga
Top #10 Rock songs
- Stone Sour - Say You'll Haunt Me
- The Black Keys - Tighten Up
- Neon Trees - Animal
- Kings Of Leon - Radioactive
- Love-Hate-Sex-Pain - Godsmack
- Mumford & Sons - Little Lion Man
- Lay Me Down - The Dirty Heads Featuring Rome
- Linkin Park - Waiting For The End
- Phoenix - Lisztomania
- Kick In The Teeth - Papa Roach
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
Axel Weber’s strident, public dissents may dim his chances of becoming Europe’s top central banker. [..]
Debt buyers used questionable tactics well before the recent foreclosure mess, lawyers say. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $39.91
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $88.66
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $75.27
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $42.17
- 1 CHF = 6.7433 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.5853 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.9766 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.604 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?