Sunday 26 March 1950
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Martin Short and Teddy Pendergrass.
Cheaper by the Dozen, directed by Walter Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while One On The House by Mary Lasswell was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Starlight Theatre.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 March 1950!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 26 March 1950 ?
- Saint Emmanuel (died 304)
- Saint Ludger
- Saint Larissa
- Prince Kuhio Day in Hawaii
- Zoroastrianism - Prophet Zoroaster's Birthday.
- Martin Short: Canadian comedian.
- Teddy Pendergrass: American R&B singer (Born 1950).
- Alan Silvestri: American composer and conductor.
- Teddy Pendergrass in Philadelphia: Pennsylvania, USA; singer ("Turn Off the Lights").
- Tony Papenfuss in Minneapolis: Minnesota, USA; actor (Daryl - Newhart).
- Ernest Thomas in Gary: Indiana, USA; actor (Roger - What's Happening!).
- Ronnie McDowell in Fountain Head: Tennessee, USA; country singer ("King is Gone").
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1950 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Mervin Shiner - Peter Cottontail
- If I Knew You Were Comin' I'd've Baked A Cake - Georgia Gibbs
- Mary Martin & Arthur Godfrey - Go to Sleep, Go to Sleep, Go to Sleep
- Dearie - Guy Lombardo & His Royal Canadians
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?