Sunday 26 March 1950
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Tony Papenfuss in Minneapolis and Ernest Thomas in Gary.
Cheaper by the Dozen, directed by Walter Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Parasites by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Starlight Theatre.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 March 1950!
Which were the important events of 26 March 1950 ?
- Saint Emmanuel (died 304)
- Saint Ludger
- Saint Larissa
- Prince Kuhio Day in Hawaii
- Zoroastrianism - Prophet Zoroaster's Birthday.
- Tony Papenfuss in Minneapolis: Minnesota, USA; actor (Daryl - Newhart).
- Ernest Thomas in Gary: Indiana, USA; actor (Roger - What's Happening!).
- Ronnie McDowell in Fountain Head: Tennessee, USA; country singer ("King is Gone").
- Teddy Pendergrass in Philadelphia: Pennsylvania, USA; singer ("Turn Off the Lights").
- Teddy Pendergrass: American R&B singer (Born 1950).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 26 March 1950
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1950 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Mary Martin & Arthur Godfrey - Go to Sleep, Go to Sleep, Go to Sleep
- Dearie - Guy Lombardo & His Royal Canadians
- If I Knew You Were Comin' I'd've Baked A Cake - Georgia Gibbs
- Mervin Shiner - Peter Cottontail
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?