Saturday 26 February 1955
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jany Laignel and Eugène Savitzkaya.
In UK Softly Softly by Ruby Murray was in the top 5 hits.
The Wages of Fear, directed by Henri-Georges Clouzot, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while Not as a Stranger by Morton Thompson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Stage 7.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 February 1955!
Which were the important events of 26 February 1955 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - February 26, Day 1 of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- Blessed Edigna
- Saint Mechtild (d. 1154)
- Blessed Leo of Furnes (d. 1163)
- Saint Victor
- Saint Alexander of Alexandria
- Saint Nestor (died 251)
- Liberation Day in Kuwait (1991).
- Nation of Islam - Savior's Day - commemoration of the birthdate of Wallace Fard Muhammad, believed to be Allah in human form, the saviour of the black race.
- Jany Laignel: French homicide; he killed his wife, two small children and a mailman.
- Eugène Savitzkaya: Belgian writer and poet.
- John Inge: English bishop.
- Andreas Maislinger: Austrian historian founded the Austrian Holocaust Memorial Service.
- Peter Pan closes at Winter Garden Theater NYC after 149 performances
- 1st aviator to bail out at supersonic speed-GF Smith
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1955 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?