Sunday 27 February 1955
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Garry Christian and Sally Spencer.
In UK Softly Softly by Ruby Murray was in the top 5 hits.
The Wages of Fear, directed by Henri-Georges Clouzot, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while The View From Pompey'S Head by Hamilton Basso was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Stage 7.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 February 1955!
Which were the important events of 27 February 1955 ?
- International Polar Bear Day.
- Saint Antigone
- Saint Leander
- First day of Maslenitsa in Russia (2006)
- Saint Honorine
- Dominican Republic - National Day.
- Bah�'f Faith - Day 2 of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- Roman Empire - Equirria, horse races in honour of the pagan war god Mars were held.
- Saint Gabriel of the Mother of Sorrows
- Garry Christian: Rocker.
- Sally Spencer: Actress (M J McKinnon-Another World).
- Bernard Borrel: French magistrate in Djibouti who died under mysterious circumstances on 19 October 1995.
- Rainhard Fendrich: Austrian singer, composer, guitarist.
- Rene Kirby: American film and television actor.
- Christopher Wilding: American noted family, the second son of Elizabeth Taylor and her husband Michael Wilding. He worked as a studio cameraman and photographer for some time before becoming a stained glass artist. He went on to become a film sound technician.
- Peter Christopherson: English keyboard player songwriter and director (Coil and Throbbing Gristle (d. 2010)
- Lou Hirsch: American actor
- Tom Howard: comedian (It Pays to be Ignorant), dies at age 66.
- Betty Jameson wins LPGA Sarasota Golf Open.
- Soviet Union regional elections, 1955.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 27 February 1955
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1955 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?