Friday 18 February 1955
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Hunt Block in Washington and Monet Robier.
In UK Softly Softly by Ruby Murray was in the top 5 hits.
The Wages of Fear, directed by Henri-Georges Clouzot, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while Pray For A Brave Heart by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Stage 7.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 February 1955!
Which were the important events of 18 February 1955 ?
- Independence Day in The Gambia (1965)
- Hunt Block in Washington: DC, USA; actor (Peter - Knots Landing, Ben Warren - Guiding Light).
- Monet Robier: French dancer.
- Peter Luff: English politician.
- Raymond Rougeau: Canadian wrestler and sportscaster.
- Miles Tredinnick: English singer-songwriter and playwright (London).
- Baghdad Pact signed, making Turkey and Iraq a defense alliance.
- Operation Teapot: Teapot test shot ''Wasp'' is successfully detonated at the Nevada Test Site with a yield of 1.2 kilotons. Wasp is the first of fourteen shots of the Teapot series.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1955 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?