Friday 26 January 1945
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on January 26, 1945). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jacqueline du Pré and Marie-Renée Oget.
Roughly Speaking, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
On TV people were watching Aktuelt kvarter.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 26 January 1945
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 January 1945!
Which were the important events of 26 January 1945 ?
- Roman Empire - third day of the Sementivae in honor of Ceres and Terra.
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Timothy and Titus
- Saint Paula
- Saint Alberic
- Margaret of Hungary
- International Holocaust Remembrance Day
- Uganda - Liberation Day.
- India - Republic Day - One of only three state holidays in India, celebrated with pomp and a military parade in New Delhi.
- International Customs Day.
- Australia - Australia Day.
- Jacqueline du Pré
- Marie-Renée Oget
- Jeremy Rifkin
- Jacqueline Pré: English cellist (d. 1987).
- Jacqueline du Pre: Musician.
- David Purley: British Formula 1 driver (Born 1945).
- Marti Caine: British comedienne and singer.
- Jacqueline Du Pré: British musician, a world-class cellist who became a classical music superstar in the 1960s when still in her teens.
- Soviet forces reach Auschwitz concentration camp
- 2nd Lieutenant Audie L. Murphy exhibits conspicuous gallantry for which he later receives the Medal of Honor.
- World War II: The Red Army begins encircling the German Fourth Army near Heiligenbeil in East Prussia, which will end in destruction of the 4th Army two months later.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1945 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Perry Como - I Dream Of You
- Harry James & His Orchestra - I'm Beginning To See The Light
- Bing Crosby - Evelina
- Cocktails For Two - Spike Jones & His City Slickers
- Frank Sinatra - I Dream Of You