Thursday July 26, 2001
US date format: 7/26/2001, UK date format: 26/7/2001
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo (see birth chart on July 26, 2001). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Tony Blair (Labour), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Carson Lueders and Kerwin Frost.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to U Remind Me by Usher.
In UK Eternity / The Road To Mandalay by Robbie Williams was in the top 5 hits.
The Others, directed by Alejandro Amenábar, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2001
while The Jury by Steve Martini was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching All About Us.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Fast Food Tycoon 2 or 4x4 EVO 2.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of July 26, 2001?
- US Senate confirms Henrietta Holsman Fore as US Mint director.
- The republic of Moldova becomes a member of the World Trade Organization.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 26, 2001?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- Usher - U Remind Me
- Alicia Keys - Fallin'
- Jagged Edge With Nelly - Where The Party At
- Erick Sermon Featuring Marvin Gaye - Music
- Jimmy Cozier - She's All I Got
- 112 - Peaches & Cream
- Luther Vandross - Take You Out
- Blu Cantrell - Hit 'Em Up Style (Oops!)
- R. Kelly Featuring Jay-Z - Fiesta
- The Isley Brothers Featuring Ronald Isley - Contagious
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next July 26If July 26, 2001 is your birthday you're 19 years, 19 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 11 months, 12 days.
What news were making the headlines those days in July 2001?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- ExxonMobil XOM: opens at $41.30
- Apple AAPL: opens at $18.48
- Microsoft MSFT: opens at $67.12
- General Electric GE: opens at $43.95
- International Business Machines IBM: opens at $104.75
- 1 USD = 123.7 JPY
- 1 USD = 1.5326 CAD
- 1 USD = 1.7188 CHF
- 1 EUR = 108.66 JPY
- 1 EUR = 0.6147 GBP