Friday 29 November 1940
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Chuck Mangione and Michel Lasserre.
Go West, directed by Edward Buzzell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
while The Nazarene by Sholem Asch was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 November 1940!
Which were the important events of 29 November 1940 ?
- former Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia - Republic Day
- International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People
- Israel - Kaftet be-November (commemoration of the U.N. decision in 1947 to partition Palestine)
- Albania - Liberation Day (Dita e �lirimit)
- Brendan of Birr or Brendan the Younger
- Saint Cuthbert Mayne, martyr
- Feast days of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Saturnin
- Denis of the Nativity and Redemptus of the Cross
- Chuck Mangione: American musician, producer and jazz composer, versed in the trumpet, flugelhorn, and keyboards.
- Michel Lasserre: .
- Denny Doherty: Canadian singer-songwriter (The Mamas & the Papas and The Halifax III) (d. 2007).
- Oscar Chepe: Cuban-Spanish economist and journalist (d. 2013).
- Janet Smith: English lawyer and judge.
- Henry Yang: Taiwanese/Chinese-American engineer Chancellor University of California Santa Barbara
- Michael Crandall: American mathematician
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1940 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Scrub Me, Mama, With a Boogie Beat - Will Bradley & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?