Friday 29 November 1940
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on November 29, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Chuck Mangione and Denny Doherty.
The Philadelphia Story, directed by George Cukor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
On TV people were watching Gabby.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 29 November 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 November 1940!
Which were the important events of 29 November 1940 ?
- former Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia - Republic Day
- International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People
- Israel - Kaftet be-November (commemoration of the U.N. decision in 1947 to partition Palestine)
- Albania - Liberation Day (Dita e �lirimit)
- Brendan of Birr or Brendan the Younger
- Saint Cuthbert Mayne, martyr
- Feast days of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Saturnin
- Denis of the Nativity and Redemptus of the Cross
- Chuck Mangione: American musician, producer and jazz composer, versed in the trumpet, flugelhorn, and keyboards.
- Denny Doherty: Canadian singer-songwriter (The Mamas & the Papas and The Halifax III) (d. 2007).
- Janet Smith: English lawyer and judge.
- Michel Lasserre
- Michael Crandall: American mathematician.
- Henry Yang: Taiwanese/Chinese-American engineer Chancellor University of California Santa Barbara.
- Oscar Chepe: Cuban-Spanish economist and journalist (d. 2013).