Sunday 26 June 1966
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bryan Webb and Kirk McLean.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Paperback Writer by The Beatles.
In UK Strangers In The Night by Frank Sinatra was in the top 5 hits.
The Sword of Doom, directed by Kihachi Okamoto, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Games People Play by Eric Berne was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Dark Shadows.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cyborg 009.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 June 1966!
Which were the important events of 26 June 1966 ?
- Saints John and Paul
- The United Nations' Day in Support of Victims of Torture.
- Flag Day in Romania
- Sunthorn Phu Day in Thailand
- Independence Day in Madagascar
- Saint Josemarfa Escriv� (d. 1975)
- Bryan Webb: Horse trainer.
- Kirk McLean: Toronto, Ontario -- NHL goalie (Vancouver Canucks).
- Paul Mokha: Erie, Pennsylvania -- Rower (1996 Olympics).
- Minaguchi Yuko: Japanese voice actress.
- Jurgen Reil: American drummer (Kreator).
- Dany Boon: French actor, humourist, and film director, son of an Algerian Kabyle, best known for performing in "Joyeux Noël!" (with Guillaume Canet) and for directing "Bienvenue chez les "Ch'tis" ("Welcome to the Sticks"), film with a huge audience (20.5 million people). His stage name was inspired by a character he found in an American TV serie, Daniel Boone.
- Yūko Minaguchi: Japanese voice actress
- Jürgen Reil: American drummer (Kreator)
- Time for Singing closes at Broadway Theater NYC after 41 performances
- Kanton Bazel leads female suffrage in Switzerland
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Paperback Writer
- Frank Sinatra - Strangers In The Night
- The Rolling Stones - Paint It, Black
- The Lovin' Spoonful - Did You Ever Have To Make Up Your Mind?
- Simon and Garfunkel - I Am A Rock
- The Cyrkle - Red Rubber Ball
- Robert Parker - Barefootin'
- The Capitols - Cool Jerk
- Dusty Springfield - You Don't Have To Say You Love Me
- The Chiffons - Sweet Talkin' Guy
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?