Monday 6 June 1966
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Angela Cavagna and Sean Yseult.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Paint It, Black by The Rolling Stones.
In UK Strangers In The Night by Frank Sinatra was in the top 5 hits.
The Russians Are Coming the Russians Are Coming, directed by Norman Jewison, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while The Double Image by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching 4-3-2-1 Hot and Sweet.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cyborg 009.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 June 1966!
Which were the important events of 6 June 1966 ?
- Memorial Day - South Korea.
- Doomsday (weekday)
- Queensland Day.
- National holiday of Sweden.
- D-Day landings - Europe.
- Bonza Bottler Day - USA.
- National Yo-yo Day - USA.
- Angela Cavagna: Genoa, Italy -- Singer.
- Sean Yseult: American musician (White Zombie).
- Benoît Delbecq: French pianist and composer.
- Tony Yeboah: Ghanaian footballer and agent.
- Claudette Orbison: wife of singer Roy Orbison, dies in a motorcyle crash.
- Activist James Meredith wounded by white sniper in Mississippi
- Claus Von Bulow and Martha (Sunny) Crawford wed
- Gemini 9 completes 45 orbits after rendezvous with angry alligator
- NFL and AFL announce their merger
- Stokely Carmichael launches Black Power movement
- James Meredith, civil rights activist, is shot while trying to march across Mississippi.
- An XB-70 Valkyrie prototype is destroyed in a mid-air collision with a F-104 Starfighter chase plane during a photo shoot. NASA pilot Joseph A. Walker and USAF test pilot Carl Cross are both killed.
- Topeka, Kansas is devastated by a tornado that registers as an ampquotF5ampquot on the Fujita Scale, the first to exceed US $100 million in damages. Sixteen people are killed, hundreds more injured, and thousands of homes damaged or destroyed. NOAA.gov
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Rolling Stones - Paint It, Black
- The Lovin' Spoonful - Did You Ever Have To Make Up Your Mind?
- Simon and Garfunkel - I Am A Rock
- Percy Sledge - When A Man Loves A Woman
- The Mindbenders - A Groovy Kind Of Love
- Frank Sinatra - Strangers In The Night
- The Mamas & The Papas - Monday, Monday
- James Brown - It's A Man's Man's Man's World
- Gary Lewis and the Playboys - Green Grass
- Robert Parker - Barefootin'
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?