Friday 24 June 1966
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Hope Sandoval and Florence Thomassin.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Paperback Writer by The Beatles.
In UK Strangers In The Night by Frank Sinatra was in the top 5 hits.
The Sword of Doom, directed by Kihachi Okamoto, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Those Who Love by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Dark Shadows.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cyborg 009.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 June 1966!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 24 June 1966 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John the Baptist, patron saint of QuTbec
- Discovery Day in Newfoundland and Labrador (celebrating the 1497 discovery by John Cabot)
- Bannockburn Day in Scotland (see 1314 above)
- Quarter days in England
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Rahmat (Mercy) - First day of the sixth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Battle of Carabobo Day in Venezuela (1821)
- FOte nationale du QuTbec, also called St-Jean-Baptiste Day
- Day of Indian in Peru
- Original Midsummer's Eve in Finland and Sweden, although the official holiday is now moved to the nearest Friday
- St. John's Day in Estonia and Sao Joao in Porto
- Festival of San Juan observed in Bolivia and Peru
- American Radio Relay League - Field Day 2006
- Hope Sandoval: American singer-songwriter (Mazzy Star and Hope Sandoval & the Warm Inventions).
- Florence Thomassin
- John Randle: Chicoutimi, Quebec -- Golfer (1992 Canadian Tour Fall-3rd).
- Lucinda Russell: British racehorse trainer.
- Adrienne Shelly: American actress, director and screenwriter (d. 2006).
- Bombay-NY Air India flight crashes into Mont Blanc (Switzerland), 117 die
- Period of relative peace following WWII exceeds that following WWI
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Paperback Writer
- Frank Sinatra - Strangers In The Night
- The Rolling Stones - Paint It, Black
- The Lovin' Spoonful - Did You Ever Have To Make Up Your Mind?
- Simon and Garfunkel - I Am A Rock
- The Cyrkle - Red Rubber Ball
- Robert Parker - Barefootin'
- The Capitols - Cool Jerk
- Dusty Springfield - You Don't Have To Say You Love Me
- The Chiffons - Sweet Talkin' Guy
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?