Saturday 18 June 1966
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Doug Bodger and Luke Jensen.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Paint It, Black by The Rolling Stones.
In UK Strangers In The Night by Frank Sinatra was in the top 5 hits.
Born Free, directed by James Hill, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Valley Of The Dolls by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Chronicle.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cyborg 009.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 June 1966!
Which were the important events of 18 June 1966 ?
- Seychelles - National Day.
- Brazil - Chemist's Day.
- Father's Day, US, UK, Chile (2006).
- Autistic Pride Day, beginning in 2005.
- Doug Bodger: Chemainus, British Columbia -- NHL defenseman (Team Canada, San Jose).
- Luke Jensen: Grayling, Michigan -- Tennis star (1993 French Open doubles).
- Robert Kempainen: Minneapolis, Minnesota -- Marathoner (1996 Olympics).
- Sandy Alomar: American baseball player, a second baseman for the Cleveland Indians.
- Kurt Browning: Canadian athlete, the young Albertan who won the Men's World Figure Skating championship in the Spring of 1989.
- Cathy Fleury: French judoka, world champion in 1989 and olympic champion in 1992.
- Troy Kemp: Bahamian high jumper
- CIA chief William Raborn resigns Richard Helms becomes his successor.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 18 June 1966
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Rolling Stones - Paint It, Black
- The Lovin' Spoonful - Did You Ever Have To Make Up Your Mind?
- Simon and Garfunkel - I Am A Rock
- Percy Sledge - When A Man Loves A Woman
- Frank Sinatra - Strangers In The Night
- The Mindbenders - A Groovy Kind Of Love
- Robert Parker - Barefootin'
- Gary Lewis and the Playboys - Green Grass
- The Capitols - Cool Jerk
- The Cyrkle - Red Rubber Ball
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?