Monday 26 March 1979
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Heidi Zeigler and Pierre Wome.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Tragedy by Bee Gees.
In UK I Will Survive by Gloria Gaynor was in the top 5 hits.
Phantasm, directed by Don Coscarelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while War And Remembrance by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Pinwheel.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bomb Bee or Football.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 March 1979!
Which were the important events of 26 March 1979 ?
- Saint Emmanuel (died 304)
- Saint Ludger
- Saint Larissa
- Prince Kuhio Day in Hawaii
- Zoroastrianism - Prophet Zoroaster's Birthday.
- Heidi Zeigler: Actress (Sherry-Just the 10 of Us).
- Pierre Wome: Cameroonian footballer.
- Nacho Novo: Spanish footballer.
- Hiromi Uehara: Japanese pianist and composer.
- Pierre Womé: Cameroonian footballer.
- Jean Stafford: American writer and Pulitzer Prize winning short-story writer in 1970, she also wrote novels, the first of which was published in 1944, entitled "Boston Adventures.
- Camp David peace treaty between Israel and Egypt
- Padres and Giants announce plans to play exhibition series in Tokyo but Giant players reject it
- Israeli Prime Minister Menachem Begin and Egyptian President Anwar Sadat sign a peace treaty in Washington DC.
- Anwar al-Sadat, Menachem Begin and Jimmy Carter sign the Israel-Egypt Peace Treaty in Washington, D.C..
- In Britain, Jim Callaghan's minority Labour government loses a motion of confidence by 1 vote, forcing a general election which is to be held on 3 May.
- America's most serious nuclear power plant accident, at Three Mile Island, Pennsylvania.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 26 March 1979
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bee Gees - Tragedy
- Gloria Gaynor - I Will Survive
- The Doobie Brothers - What A Fool Believes
- Donna Summer - Heaven Knows
- Peaches and Herb - Shake Your Groove Thing
- Dire Straits - Sultans Of Swing
- Rod Stewart - Do Ya Think I'm Sexy?
- Amii Stewart - Knock On Wood
- Bobby Caldwell - What You Won't Do For Love
- Melissa Manchester - Don't Cry Out Loud
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?