Thursday 26 April 1979
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ariane Brodier and Ariane Moffatt.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Heart Of Glass by Blondie.
In UK Bright Eyes by Art Garfunkel was in the top 5 hits.
Manhattan, directed by Woody Allen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while How To Prosper During The Coming Bad Years by Howard J. Ruff was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Cities.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Temple of Apshai or Beam Invader.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 April 1979!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 26 April 1979 ?
- World Intellectual Property Day (since 2001).
- Florida and Georgia, USA - Confederate Memorial Day.
- Shi'a Islam - Mawlid, Muhammad's birthday (2005).
- Tanzania - Union Day.
- Feast day of the following saint in the Orthodox Church: Stephen of Perm - also Old Permic Alphabet Day
- Trudpert (Irish monk martyred in Germany in 607).
- Lucidius (4th century)
- Saint Cletus (Pope Anacletus) and Marcellinus (Popes and martyrs)
- Paschasius (d. 865)
- Richarius or Riquier (d. 643)
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Alda (d. 1309)
- Ariane Brodier
- Ariane Moffatt: Canadian singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- Sara Downing
- Sean Fox: Actor (3 Ninjas Kick Back, Calendar Girl).
- Tarrus Riley: Reggae Singer.
- Janne Wirman: Finnish keyboard player (Children of Bodom Warmen and Masterplan).
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?