Monday 19 March 1979
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ivan Ljubicic and Hedo Turkoglu.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Tragedy by Bee Gees.
In UK I Will Survive by Gloria Gaynor was in the top 5 hits.
The Champ, directed by Franco Zeffirelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while Mommie Dearest by Christina Crawford was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Anno domini 1573.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cutie Q or Basic Programming.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 March 1979!
Which were the important events of 19 March 1979 ?
- Saint Adeltrudis (d.670)
- Saint Landoald
- Las Fallas in Valencia, Spain.
- Roman Catholicism and Church of England - Saint Joseph's Day for Saint Joseph of Nazareth, spouse of the Blessed Virgin Mary, stepfather of Jesus; patron saint of Belgium, a good death, carpenters hence also (alternative) Father's Day in Spain, Portugal, Belgium
- Mojoday in Discordianism
- The swallows return to Mission San Juan Capistrano in California.
- The first day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- Ivan Ljubicic: Croatian tennis player.
- Hedo Turkoglu: Turkish basketball player.
- Abby Brammell: American actress.
- Sheldon Brown: American football player.
- Hee-seop Choi: South Korean-American baseball player.
- Ivan Ljubičić: Croatian tennis player
- Christos Patsatzoglou: Greek footballer
- Hedo Türkoğlu: Turkish basketball player
- House of Reps begins live TV broadcasts via C-SPAN
- C-SPAN first begins broadcasting the US House of Representitives.
- The United States House of Representatives begins broadcasting its day-to-day business via the cable television network C-SPAN.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bee Gees - Tragedy
- Gloria Gaynor - I Will Survive
- The Doobie Brothers - What A Fool Believes
- Donna Summer - Heaven Knows
- Peaches and Herb - Shake Your Groove Thing
- Rod Stewart - Do Ya Think I'm Sexy?
- Dire Straits - Sultans Of Swing
- Pointer Sisters - Fire
- Bobby Caldwell - What You Won't Do For Love
- Olivia Newton-John - A Little More Love
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?