Sunday 26 November 1933
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Garrett "Garnet" Mimms and Robert Goulet in Lawrence.
The House on 56th Street, directed by Robert Florey, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 November 1933!
Which were the important events of 26 November 1933 ?
- Mongolia: Independence Day
- Russia: St. Yuri's Day (1497 - 1649)
- Also see November 26 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. saints - Pope Siricius; celebration of the excellence of Saint Genevieve in Paris.
- Bah�'f Faith: Day of the Covenant
- Garrett "Garnet" Mimms: US singer (Enchanters-Cry Baby).
- Robert Goulet in Lawrence: Massachusetts, USA; singer/actor (Camelot, Naked Gun 2 1/2).
- Harvey Gardner: American minor actor, often seen in the roles of bikers or bums.
- Robert Goulet: American singer and handsome leading man who won a Tony in the Broadway musical "The Happy Time.
- Richard Holloway: Scottish ecclesiastic, the Most Rev.
- Stanley Long: English director producer and screenwriter (d. 2012)
- Jamshid Mashayekhi: Iranian actor
- Tony Verna: American director and producer invented instant replay (d. 2015)
- Edward Julius Biedermann: Composer, dies at 84.
- Camille Chautemps becomes French Premier
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?