Wednesday 29 November 1933
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include David Reuben and John Mayall.
The House on 56th Street, directed by Robert Florey, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
while One More River by John Galsworth was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 November 1933!
Which were the important events of 29 November 1933 ?
- former Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia - Republic Day
- International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People
- Israel - Kaftet be-November (commemoration of the U.N. decision in 1947 to partition Palestine)
- Albania - Liberation Day (Dita e �lirimit)
- Brendan of Birr or Brendan the Younger
- Saint Cuthbert Mayne, martyr
- Feast days of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Saturnin
- Denis of the Nativity and Redemptus of the Cross
- David Reuben: Author (Everything You Wanted to Know about Sex).
- John Mayall: English blues musician of John Mayall's Bluesbreakers, described as the seminal British blues band.
- James Rosenquist: American painter and illustrator.
- 1st state liquor stores authorized (Pennsylvania)
- Japan begins persecution of communists
- First state liquor stores authorized (Pennsylvania).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?