Tuesday October 26, 1976US date format: 10/26/1976, UK date format: 26/10/1976
This day in 30 sec.
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio (see birth chart on October 26, 1976). The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Miikka Kiprusoff and Hal Ozsan.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to If You Leave Me Now by Chicago.
In UK Mississippi by Pussycat was in the top 5 hits.
Alice Sweet Alice, directed by Alfred Sole, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1976
while Your Erroneous Zones by Dr. Wayne W. Dyer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Emigrants.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Indy 4 or Stunt Cycle.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 26 October 1976
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 October 1976!
Which were the important events of 26 October 1976 ?
- Nauru - Angam Day
- Austria - National Day: Anniversary of the Declaration of Neutrality (1955)
- Also see October 26 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Quadragesimus
- St. Rusticus
- St. Gibitrudis
- St. Fulk
- St. Eadfrid
- St. Demetrius (aka St. Dimitrios) of Thessaloniki
- St. Cuthbert
- St. Cedd
- St. Alfred the Great
- Roman festivals - first day of Ludi Victoriae Sullanae (until 1 November)
- R.C. Saints - October 26th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Bean
- St. Evaristus
- St. Lucian
- St. Albinus
- St. Rogatian
- Miikka Kiprusoff: Finnish ice hockey player.
- Hal Ozsan
- Lennon Parham: Actress.
- Lyrical : Entrepreneur.
- Shinji Takao: Japanese Go player.
- Deryck Victor Cooke: Composer, dies at 57.
- Trinidad and Tobago becomes a republic.
- Transkei gains independence, not recognized outside of South Africa.
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1976 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Chicago - If You Leave Me Now
- Rick Dees - Disco Duck (Part 1)
- Steve Miller Band - Rock'n Me
- Gordon Lightfoot - The Wreck Of The Edmund Fitzgerald
- Walter Murphy - A Fifth Of Beethoven
- Bee Gees - Love So Right
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - She's Gone
- Wild Cherry - Play That Funky Music
- Captain and Tennille - Muskrat Love
- Heart - Magic Man
Top #10 R&B songs
- The O'Jays - Message In Our Music
- The Spinners - The Rubberband Man
- L.T.D. - Love Ballad
- Norman Connors - You Are My Starship
- Commodores - Just To Be Close To You
- Tyrone Davis - Give It Up (turn It Loose)
- You Don't Have To Be A Star - Marilyn McCoo & Billy Davis, Jr.
- Boz Scaggs - Lowdown
- Shake Your Rump To The Funk - Barkays
- John Valenti - Anything You Want
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?