Monday October 25, 1976US date format: 10/25/1976, UK date format: 25/10/1976
This day in 30 sec.
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio (see birth chart on October 25, 1976). The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Julia Malik and Keith Barry.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to If You Leave Me Now by Chicago.
In UK Mississippi by Pussycat was in the top 5 hits.
Alice Sweet Alice, directed by Alfred Sole, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1976
while Slapstick by Kurt Vonnegut was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Emigrants.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Breakout or Heavyweight Champ.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 25 October 1976
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 October 1976!
Which were the important events of 25 October 1976 ?
- Day of the Romanian Army
- Virgin Islands - Thanksgiving Day : end of the hurricane season
- Republic of China - Taiwan Retrocession Day (1945)
- Also see October 25 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Feast day of Saints Crispin and Crispian; Six Welsh martyrs and companions; forty martyrs of England and Wales
- Kazakhstan - Republic Day
- Julia Malik
- Keith Barry: Entertainer.
- Steve Jones: Irish footballer.
- Brett Kirk: Australian footballer and coach.
- Raymond Queneau [M Presle]: French writer (Last Days), dies at 73.
- 5th Enterprise, approach and lands test (ALT) flight
- Gov Wallace grants full pardon to Clarence Norris, last known survivor of 9 Scottsboro Boys who were convicted in 1931 rape
Sport Games on 25 October 1976
- St. Louis Cardinals - Washington Redskins : 10 - 20
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1976 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Chicago - If You Leave Me Now
- Rick Dees - Disco Duck (Part 1)
- Steve Miller Band - Rock'n Me
- Gordon Lightfoot - The Wreck Of The Edmund Fitzgerald
- Walter Murphy - A Fifth Of Beethoven
- Bee Gees - Love So Right
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - She's Gone
- Wild Cherry - Play That Funky Music
- Captain and Tennille - Muskrat Love
- Heart - Magic Man
Top #10 R&B songs
- The O'Jays - Message In Our Music
- The Spinners - The Rubberband Man
- L.T.D. - Love Ballad
- Norman Connors - You Are My Starship
- Commodores - Just To Be Close To You
- Tyrone Davis - Give It Up (turn It Loose)
- You Don't Have To Be A Star - Marilyn McCoo & Billy Davis, Jr.
- Boz Scaggs - Lowdown
- Shake Your Rump To The Funk - Barkays
- John Valenti - Anything You Want
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?