Monday 4 October 1976
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Santiago and Uli Steck.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to A Fifth Of Beethoven by Walter Murphy.
In UK Dancing Queen by Abba was in the top 5 hits.
Marathon Man, directed by John Schlesinger, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1976
while A Man Called Intrepid by William Stevenson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Candy Candy.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Blockade or Breakout.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 October 1976!
Which were the important events of 4 October 1976 ?
- Santiago: Brazilian footballer.
- Uli Steck: Swiss mountaineer and rock climber, famous for his speed records on the North Face trilogy in the Alps.
- Alicia Silverstone: American actress, producer, author, and activist, a star as a teenager in the film "Clueless," 1995.
- Carla Harvey: Metal Singer.
- Mauro Camoranesi: Argentinian-Italian footballer and manager.
- Elisandro Roos: Brazilian footballer
- Ueli Steck: Swiss mountaineer and rock climber
- Craig Young: English actor director producer and screenwriter
- Alexander Gray: Singer (This is Music), dies at 74.
- Agriculture Secretary Earl Butz resigns due to telling a racial joke
- Supreme Court lifts 1972 ban on death penalty for convicted murderers
- US Agriculture Secretary Earl Butz resigns due to telling a racial joke.
- Official launch of the Intercity 125 High Speed Train (HST).
- Cubana Flight 455 crashes due to a bomb placed by anti-Fidel Castro terrorists, after taking off from Bridgetown, Barbados. All 73 people on board are killed.
- Students gathering at Thammasat University in Bangkok, Thailand are massacred, while protesting the return of ex-dictator Thanom Kittikachorn by a coalition of right-wing paramilitary and government forces, triggering the return of the military to government.
- In San Francisco, during his second televised debate with Jimmy Carter, U.S. President Gerald Ford stumbles when he declares that ampquotthere is no Soviet domination of Eastern Europeampquot (there is at the time).
- The Cultural Revolution in China concludes upon the capture of the Gang of Four.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1976 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Walter Murphy - A Fifth Of Beethoven
- Wild Cherry - Play That Funky Music
- Boz Scaggs - Lowdown
- Rick Dees - Disco Duck (Part 1)
- Chicago - If You Leave Me Now
- Cliff Richard - Devil Woman
- Orleans - Still The One
- England Dan and John Ford Coley - I'd Really Love To See You Tonight
- K.C and the Sunshine Band - (Shake, Shake, Shake) Shake Your Booty
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - She's Gone
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 4 October 1976
- Pittsburgh Steelers - Minnesota Vikings : 6 - 17
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?