Wednesday 6 October 1976
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Melody Vilbert and Lady Victoria Hervey.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to A Fifth Of Beethoven by Walter Murphy.
In UK Dancing Queen by Abba was in the top 5 hits.
Marathon Man, directed by John Schlesinger, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1976
while Touch Not The Cat by Mary Stewart was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Candy Candy.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Dukedom or Heavyweight Champ.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 October 1976!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 6 October 1976 ?
- Judaism - Fast of Gedalia (2005)
- Egypt - National Day or Victory Day; celebrates the results of the October war in 1973
- U.S. - German-American Day observed since 1987; Mad Hatter Day
- French Republican Calendar - �ne (Donkey) Day, fifteenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Ireland - Ivy Day, formerly honoring the Irish revolutionary Padraig Pearse, commemmorates the death of Charles Stewart Parnell.
- Also see October 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Bruno, St Faith
- Melody Vilbert: French Beauty Queen, named "Miss Aquitaine," 1994 and "Miss France," for 1995, in a contest that was held on 12/27/1994.
- Lady Victoria Hervey
- Hubert Henno
- Stefan Postma: Dutch footballer and coach.
- Barbie Hsu: Taiwanese actress and singer.
- Gilbert Ryle: English philosopher author and academic (d. 1976).
- Gang of Four arrested in Beijing
- Cubans DC-8 crashes after bomb attack
- President Ford says there is no Soviet domination in Eastern Europe
- John Hathaway completes a bicycle tour of every continent in the world and cycling 50,600 miles.
- US President Gerald Ford says there is "no Soviet domination in Eastern Europe".
- Cubana Flight 455 crashes into the Atlantic Ocean shortly after taking off from Bridgetown, Barbados after two bombs, placed on board by terrorists with connections to the CIA, exploded. All 73 people on board are killed.
- Massacre of students gathering at Thammasat University in Bangkok, Thailand to protest the return of ex-dictator Thanom, by a coalition of right-wing paramilitary and government forces, triggering the return of the military to government.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1976 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Walter Murphy - A Fifth Of Beethoven
- Wild Cherry - Play That Funky Music
- Boz Scaggs - Lowdown
- Rick Dees - Disco Duck (Part 1)
- Chicago - If You Leave Me Now
- Cliff Richard - Devil Woman
- Orleans - Still The One
- England Dan and John Ford Coley - I'd Really Love To See You Tonight
- K.C and the Sunshine Band - (Shake, Shake, Shake) Shake Your Booty
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - She's Gone
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?