Wednesday 13 October 1976
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Edward Ellis .
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Disco Duck (Part 1) by Rick Dees.
In UK Mississippi by Pussycat was in the top 5 hits.
Car Wash, directed by Michael Schultz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1976
while Trinity by Leon Uris was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Candy Candy.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Datsun 280 ZZZAP or Heavyweight Champ.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 October 1976!
Which were the important events of 13 October 1976 ?
- RC Saints - translation (1163) of Saint Edward the Confessor; memorial of Saint Gerald of Aurillac
- Roman festivals - Fontanalia: festival dedicated to Fontus
- French Republican Calendar - POche (Peach) Day, twenty-second day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- John Peel Day - A day celebrating the life and influence of the late John Peel.
- Edward Ellis: Tackle (New England Patriots).
- A Bolivian Boeing 707 cargo jet crashes in Santa Cruz, Bolivia, killing 100 (97, mostly children, killed on the ground).
- The United States Commission on Civil Rights releases the report, ''Puerto Ricans in the Continental United States: An Uncertain Future,'' that documents that Puerto Ricans in the United States have a poverty rate of 33 percent in 1974 (up from 29 percent in 1970), the highest of all major racial-ethnic groups in the country (not including Puerto Rico, a U.S. territory).
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1976 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Rick Dees - Disco Duck (Part 1)
- Walter Murphy - A Fifth Of Beethoven
- Boz Scaggs - Lowdown
- Chicago - If You Leave Me Now
- Wild Cherry - Play That Funky Music
- Orleans - Still The One
- Cliff Richard - Devil Woman
- K.C and the Sunshine Band - (Shake, Shake, Shake) Shake Your Booty
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - She's Gone
- England Dan and John Ford Coley - I'd Really Love To See You Tonight
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?