Thursday 21 October 1976
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Nirachala Kumya and Lavinia Milosovici.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to If You Leave Me Now by Chicago.
In UK Mississippi by Pussycat was in the top 5 hits.
Car Wash, directed by Michael Schultz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1976
while Touch Not The Cat by Mary Stewart was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Candy Candy.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Night Driver or Night Driver.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 October 1976!
Which were the important events of 21 October 1976 ?
- Republic of China - Overseas Chinese Day
- French Republican Calendar - Tonneau (Barrel) Day, thirtieth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- In the comic novel Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett, the Earth was born on this day in 4004 BC, within a quarter of an hour of 9 in the morning. This was supposedly because God liked to get things over with early.
- R.C. saints - Saint Ursula and her 11 (or 11000) virgins; Saint Hilarion
- Trafalgar Day ? celebrated throughout much of the British Empire in the 19th and early 20th Century.
- Also see October 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Day of the Nacho ? celebrated in the United States and Mexico since the early 1990s.
- Diwali in India (2006)
- Nirachala Kumya: Miss Universe - Thailand (1996).
- Lavinia Milosovici: Romanian gymnast.
- Jeremy Miller in West Covina: California; actor (Ben - Growing Pains).
- Melanie Turgeon: Canadian alpine skier.
- Andrew Scott: Movie Actor.
- Henrik Gustavsson: Swedish footballer
- Jeremy Miller: American actor and singer
- Lavinia Miloșovici: Romanian gymnast
- Josh Ritter: American singer-songwriter and guitarist
- Mélanie Turgeon: Canadian skier
- 55th weaapon accord signed
- Cin Reds sweep New York Yankees, in 73rd World Series
- Nobel prize for literature awarded to Saul Bellow
- New York Yankee Thurman Munson ties World Series mark of 6 straight singles
- New York Knicks retire first number, 19, Willis Reed.
- American Saul Bellow wins Nobel Prize for Literature.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1976 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Chicago - If You Leave Me Now
- Rick Dees - Disco Duck (Part 1)
- Walter Murphy - A Fifth Of Beethoven
- Boz Scaggs - Lowdown
- Orleans - Still The One
- Wild Cherry - Play That Funky Music
- K.C and the Sunshine Band - (Shake, Shake, Shake) Shake Your Booty
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - She's Gone
- Bee Gees - Love So Right
- Steve Miller Band - Rock'n Me
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?