Wednesday 27 April 2011
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on April 27, 2011). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Cody Hoellein .
In that special week of April people in US were listening to S&M by Rihanna.
Blitz, directed by Elliott Lester, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while I'M Over All That by Shirley MacLaine was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Xanadu.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing The Big Ben Burglary or Black Rock Shooter: The Game.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 27 April 2011
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 April 2011!
Which were the important events of 27 April 2011 ?
- Saint Liberalis
- Saint Mariana
- Saint Floribert
- Rochester, NY: Al Franken Day.
- Catalonia: Montserrat's Day (see Montserrat).
- South Africa: Freedom day.
- Slovenia: Day of Uprising Against Occupation.
- Saint Zita Lombardo
- Marian Mercer: American singer and stage actress who debuted in 1957.
- The deadliest day of the 2011 Super outbreak of tornadoes, the largest tornado outbreak, in United States history.
- Arab Spring:
- 2011 Yemeni protests: Yemeni security forces kill at least 12 people and wound more than 100 others with bullets in Sana'a and elsewhere as protests against the Ali Abdullah Saleh regime continue. (Reuters via France24)
- 2011 Bahraini protests: Students rally across Iran to protest against the silent response of the United Nations to the crackdown on peaceful demonstrations by the Bahraini government (with the assistance of Saudi Arabia). (Press TV)
- 2011 Syrian protests: France, Germany, Italy, Spain and the United Kingdom summon Syrian ambassadors to condemn the government's recent violent crackdown on people protesting against the Bashar al-Assad regime. (BBC)
- 2011 Libyan civil war: A team from the United Nations (UN) arrives in Tripoli to investigate the Libyan government's crackdown on people protesting. (BBC)
- Natural gas supplies to Jordan and Israel are hit by an explosion in the Arab Gas Pipeline in the town of Arish in North Sinai near Egypt's border with Israel with an armed group believed responsible. (''Haaretz'')
- Troops from Thailand and Cambodia exchange gunfire for the sixth straight day as the death toll from the conflict during the period reaches fourteen. (BBC)
- BP discovers a German naval mine from World War II near pipelines in the North Sea near Peterhead, Scotland with removal of the bomb likely to lead to the temporary closure of 16 oil fields and a consequent rise in the price of oil. (''The Guardian'')
- Ivory Coast militia leader Ibrahim Coulibaly is killed in fighting with the forces of new President Alassane Ouattara. (BBC)
- Nearly half a million people gather in the Indian town of Puttaparthi for the funeral of religious leader Sathya Sai Baba. (BBC)
- Alejandro Chaskielberg is announced as the Sony world photographer of the year (L'Iris D'Or) after spending two years capturing islanders living on the Paraná Delta in Argentina. (''Der Spiegel'')
- Julian Assange confirms the presence of Indian names in the Swiss bank data list about to be made public and that the names come from ampquotthe U.S., Britain, Germany, Austria and Asia — from all overampquot including ampquotbusiness people, politicians, people who have made their living in the arts and multinational conglomerates — from both sides of the Atlanticampquot. (''The Hindu'')
- In an unprecedented question and answer meeting with reporters, the U.S. Federal Reserve chairman Ben Bernanke expects less economic growth for 2011 as the economy has been weaker in recent months than he had thought it would be. (BBC)
- Standard Poor's cuts Japan's debt outlook to negative. (Bloomberg)
- The Australian dollar reaches new 29-year highs against the US dollar due to higher than expected inflation figures sparking predictions of higher interest rates. (ABC News)
- US company Johnson Johnson agrees to buy Synthes for $21.3 billion in cash and stock. (Bloomberg)
- President of France Nicolas Sarkozy endorses Mario Draghi to become next President of the European Central Bank, to succeed Jean-Claude Trichet. (Business Week)
- Emperor of Japan Akihito and Empress Michiko visit areas worst-affected by the 2011 Tōhoku earthquake and tsunami. (AFP via News Limited)
- A train overturns on the Alishan Forest Railway near the town of Alishan in Taiwan resulting in at least five deaths and forty injuries. (CBC News)
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in April 2011?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Look At Me Now - Chris Brown Featuring Lil Wayne & Busta Rhymes
- All Of The Lights - Kanye West
- Did It On'em - Nicki Minaj
- Moment 4 Life - Nicki Minaj Featuring Drake
- 6 Foot 7 Foot - Lil Wayne Featuring Cory Gunz
- Far Away - Marsha Ambrosius
- Love Faces - Trey Songz
- Sure Thing - Miguel
- Roll Up - Wiz Khalifa
- Racks - YC Featuring Future
Top #10 Latin songs
- Lluvia Al Corazon - Mana
- Me Encantaria - Fidel Rueda
- Corazon Sin Cara - Prince Royce
- Danza Kuduro - Don Omar & Lucenzo
- Violento - Gracias A Dios
- El Culpable - Espinoza Paz
- Ni Lo Intentes - Julion Alvarez y Su Norteno Banda
- Cuanto Me Cuesta - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- Llueve El Amor - Tito "El Bambino" El Patron
- Estoy Enamorado - Wisin & Yandel
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $39.63
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $100.43
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $87.97
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $40.84
- 1 CHF = 7.4507 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.8551 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.9209 CHF
- 1 AUD = 7.081 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?