Wednesday 27 December 1944
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Tracy Nelson in Madison and Bob Brown.
Meet Me in St. Louis, directed by Vincente Minnelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
while A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching On Stage, Everybody (1945 TV Series).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 December 1944!
Which were the important events of 27 December 1944 ?
- The second day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- A bank holiday in Britain and elsewhere if 25 December or 26 December falls in the weekend.
- R.C. Saints - John the Apostle and Evangelist
- Tracy Nelson in Madison: Wisconsin, USA; singer ("In The Here And Now").
- Bob Brown: Australian physician, ecologist and conservationist, politician.
- Joseph Maso: French rugby player, selected 15 times in international events between 1966 and 1969 to play as fly half (half back) and center.
- Ivan Milat: Australian serial killer, known as the "backpacker murderer.
- Mick Jones: English guitarist songwriter and producer (Foreigner and Spooky Tooth).
- Tracy Nelson: American singer-songwriter (Mother Earth)
- Amy Marcy Cheney Beach: Composer, dies at 77.
- Greece: British Premier Churchill flies back to London
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1944 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Let Me Love You - Charlie Spivak
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?