Sunday 3 December 1944
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include António Variacoes and Paul Nicholas.
Murder, My Sweet, directed by Edward Dmytryk, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
while Strange Fruit by Lillian Smith was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 December 1944!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 3 December 1944 ?
- International Day of Disabled Persons - 
- R.C. Saints - memorial of Saint Francis Xavier; also Saint Birinus
- António Variacoes
- Paul Nicholas: British singer and actor on stage, film and TV, a comedian and singer.
- Ralph McTell: English singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- Craig Raine: English poet author and playwright.
- Delfien Vanhaute: Flemish pastor / Poet (Ark of Noah), dies at 75.
- Mussert puts Seyss-Inquart plan for small Nazi-Europe
- NFL Cardinals-Pitts merger disolves
- US 5th Armour division occupies Brandenburg Hnrtgenwald.
- British order to disarm causes general strike in Greece.
- Hungarian death march of Jews ends.
- Greek Civil War: Fighting breaks out in Athens between the ELAS and government forces supported by the British Army.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1944 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Wish You Were Waiting For Me - Ginny Simms
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?