Thursday 7 December 1944
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include A J Antoon and Daniel Chorzempa.
National Velvet, directed by Clarence Brown, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
while The Green Years by A. J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 December 1944!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 7 December 1944 ?
- United States - Pearl Harbor Day (observance)
- International Civil Aviation Day
- R.C. Saints - Saint Ambrose: Memorial
- A J Antoon: Director (That Championship Season), dies at 47.
- Daniel Chorzempa: American musician, composer, pianist, organist, also musicologist.
- AJ Antoon: American stage director who won a Tony award for "That Championship Season".
- A Antoon: Lawrence Actor.
- Jamiel Chagra: American drug trafficker (d. 2008).
- Miroslav Macek: Czech dentist and politician.
- Convention on International Civil Aviation drawn up in Chicago, Illinois, USA.
- General Radescu forms Romanian government.
- Chicago Convention signed to create the ICAO.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1944 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Wish You Were Waiting For Me - Ginny Simms
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?