Sunday 17 December 1944
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bernard Hill and Rebecca Welles.
The Keys of the Kingdom, directed by John M. Stahl, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
while Forever Amber by Kathleen Winsor was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The World in Your Home.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 December 1944!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 17 December 1944 ?
- Bernard Hill: English actor.
- Rebecca Welles
- Patrick Ollier
- Jack L Chalker: American novelist (d. 2005).
- Billy Bridge: French singer and songwriter who appeared in the English movie "Just for Fun" (1963).
- Rebecca Manning: American notes family, she is the.
- Jack Chalker: American author and educator (d. 2005).
- Carlo Croce: Italian-American oncologist and academic.
- Timo Mukka: Swedish-Finnish author (d. 1973).
- Ference Bene: Hungary -- Record 12 soccer goals (1964 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Jack L[aurence] Chalker: United States -- Sci-fi author (Saga of Well World).
- Japanese-Americans released from detention camps
- M-Ocean View streetcar resumes service and is extended to Market St
- US destroyers sink in storm off Philippines, 790 killed
- US Army announces end of excluding Japanese-Americans from West Coast; Japanese-Americans are released from detention camps.
- Green Bay Packers win NFL championship.
- WWII: German troops carry out the Malmedy massacre.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1944 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?