Monday 27 November 1944
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Carlo Scognamiglio and Gregory Hoblit.
I'll Be Seeing You, directed by William Dieterle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
while A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 November 1944!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 27 November 1944 ?
- Carlo Scognamiglio: Italian educator and politician, elected to Parliament as a member of the Liberal Party, April 1992.
- Gregory Hoblit
- Martin Corbett: Gay activist.
- Eddie Rabbitt in Brooklyn: New York, USA; country singer ("I Love a Rainy Night").
- Arthur ''Neddy'' Smith: Australian underworld figure.
- Mickey Leland: American politician, United States Congressman from Texas (Born 1944).
- Neddy Smith: Australian criminal.
- Dozy: Rocker.
- Leonid Isaakovich Mandelshtam: Russian physicist (Born 1879).
- 3,500-4,000 ton explosive, explodes in Staffordshire, 68 killed
- World War II: An explosion at a Royal Air Force ammunition dump at Fauld, Staffordshire kills seventy people.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?