Saturday 9 December 1944
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 9, 1944). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Neil Innes and George Baker.
Murder, My Sweet, directed by Edward Dmytryk, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
On TV people were watching Gillette Cavalcade of Sports.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 December 1944
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 December 1944!
Which were the important events of 9 December 1944 ?
- Anti-Corruption Day 
- Calendar of saints: Saint Juan Diego Cuauhtlatoatzin : optional memorial
- Peter Fourier, founder of the Congregation of Notre Dame
- Also see December 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics); specifically the conception of Saint Anne
- Scandinavia (specifically Sweden): Anna's Day. Recognizes everyone named Anna, and marks the day to start the preparation process of the lutefisk to be consumed on Christmas Eve.
- Tanzania - Independence Day (of Tanganyika from Britain, 1961)
- George Baker: [Hans Bouwens]; Dutch vocalist (G B Selection).
- Neil Innes: English singer-songwriter and actor (Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band and The Rutles).
- Tadashi Irie: Japanese mob boss.
- Ki Longfellow: American author playwright and producer.
- Bob O'Connor: American businessman and politician 57th Mayor of Pittsburgh (d. 2006).