Monday 25 December 1944, Christmas
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Kenny Everett and Jairzinho .
Meet Me in St. Louis, directed by Vincente Minnelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
while A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching On Stage, Everybody (1945 TV Series).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 December 1944!
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the important events of 25 December 1944 ?
- Christmas Day is a Christian holiday on this day celebrating the Nativity of Jesus. It is a public holiday in many countries, including almost everywhere in the Americas, most European nations, the Philippines and most of Oceania, some African countries, the Commonwealth of Nations, and various other countries and regions. Many non-Christians, including non-theists, celebrate secular aspects of the holiday, such as decorating Christmas trees and exchanging gifts with family and friends. Some
- Pakistan - Quaid's Day is celebrated as a national holiday in Pakistan in honour of the birth of Mohammad Ali Jinnah.
- British Isles - a quarter day in England, Wales, Northern Ireland, and the Republic of Ireland. (but not in Scotland)
- Roman festivals - (re)birth of Sol Invictus, the winter solstice feast in the Roman Empire since 274.
- Kenny Everett: British actor and comedian.
- Jairzinho : Brazilian footballer and manager.
- Nigel Starmer-Smith: English rugby player and journalist.
- Henry Vestine: American guitarist (Canned Heat and The Mothers of Invention) (d. 1997).
- George Steer: British journalist (Born 1909).
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1944 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Let Me Love You - Charlie Spivak
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?