Thursday 27 December 1956
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on December 27, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Karen Hughes and Geraldine Ross.
C.I.D., directed by Raj Khosla, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Life Of The Party by Bennett Cerf was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Vampira.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 27 December 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 December 1956!
Which were the important events of 27 December 1956 ?
- The second day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- A bank holiday in Britain and elsewhere if 25 December or 26 December falls in the weekend.
- R.C. Saints - John the Apostle and Evangelist
- Karen Hughes: American political aide, a close adviser and unyielding supporter of George W. Bush during his career in Texas politics, moving into a similarly important key role with Bush in Washington.
- Geraldine Ross: French singer, soprano.
- Doina Melinte: Romanian running star (world record 1500 m / mile indoor).
- Lambert McKenna: Irish priest lexicographer and scholar (d. 1956).
- Bill Sharman (Boston) ends NBA free throw streak of 55 games.
- 45th Davis Cup: Australia beats USA in Adelaide (5-0).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?