Monday 26 March 1973
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lawrence E Page and TR Knight.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Killing Me Softly With His Song by Roberta Flack.
In UK Cum On Feel The Noize by Slade was in the top 5 hits.
Devil in Miss Jones, directed by Gerard Damiano, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while The Odessa File by Frederick Forsyth was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Doraemon.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Gotcha or Lemonade Stand.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 March 1973!
Which were the important events of 26 March 1973 ?
- Saint Emmanuel (died 304)
- Saint Ludger
- Saint Larissa
- Prince Kuhio Day in Hawaii
- Zoroastrianism - Prophet Zoroaster's Birthday.
- Lawrence E Page: American search engine designer.
- TR Knight: American actor.
- Larry Page: Entrepreneur.
- Matt Burke: Australian rugby player and sportscaster.
- Heather Goldenhersh: American actress.
- T Knight: American actor
- Safford Cape: US / Belgian conductor / Composer / musicologist, dies at 67.
- Johnny Drake: American football player (Born 1916).
- Noel Coward: British actor, director, dramatist, playwright, producer, lyricist and composer.
- George Sisler: hall of famer first baseman (257 hits-1920), dies at age 80.
- Don Messer: Canadian country musician (d. 1973).
- Soap Young and the Restless premieres
- UCLA wins their 7th straight NCAA basketball title
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 26 March 1973
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Roberta Flack - Killing Me Softly With His Song
- Deodato - Also Sprach Zarathustra (2001)
- Gladys Knight and the Pips - Neither One Of Us (Wants To Be The First To Say Goodbye)
- The O'Jays - Love Train
- Four Tops - Ain't No Woman (Like The One I've Got)
- The Stylistics - Break Up To Make Up
- Edward Bear - Last Song
- Anne Murray - Danny's Song
- Carpenters - Sing
- Vicki Lawrence - The Night The Lights Went Out In Georgia
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?