Friday 27 February 2009
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Right Round by Flo Rida.
Watchmen, directed by Zack Snyder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while What I Did For Love by Susan Elizabeth Phillips was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Hushove.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing 3-2-1, Rattle Battle! or Brave: A Warrior's Tale.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 February 2009!
Which were the important events of 27 February 2009 ?
- International Polar Bear Day.
- Saint Antigone
- Saint Leander
- First day of Maslenitsa in Russia (2006)
- Saint Honorine
- Dominican Republic - National Day.
- Bah�'f Faith - Day 2 of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- Roman Empire - Equirria, horse races in honour of the pagan war god Mars were held.
- Saint Gabriel of the Mother of Sorrows
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 27 February
- China's Navy and Denmark's Navy thwart Somali pirate attacks on Italian and Chinese merchant vessels in the Gulf of Aden. (''Canadian Press'')
- A nationwide ampquotChicago Tea Partyampquot occurred across the United States, where protesters say government spending is out of control. (Fox Chicago News)
- China's Armed Police shoot a Tibetan monk as he immolates himself in Sichuan. (BBC)
- Global financial crisis of 2008–2009:
- ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand sign a free trade agreement to increase commerce. (Bloomberg)
- The U.S. gross domestic product fell 6.2% in the final fiscal quarter of 2008. (MarketWatch)
- Lloyds Banking Group reports that HBOS lost £10.8 billion during 2008. (BBC)
- Hungarian Prime Minister Ferenc Gyurcsány requests that the European Union aid Eastern Europe with US$230 billion. (Bloomberg)
- Bangladesh's military arrests 300 Rifles for mutiny and discovers a mass grave containing 58 officers killed during the revolt. (BBC)
- United States President Barack Obama announces he will withdraw most soldiers from the Iraq War by August 2010. (BBC)
- Seven million euros are stolen from the Bank of Ireland in Dublin. (''Irish Times'')
- At least 50 people are killed in combat between Southern Sudan and militias in Malakal. (BBC)
- The animated sitcom ''The Simpsons'' becomes the longest-running U.S. primetime television series after Fox Broadcasting confirms two more seasons. (BBC)
- Venezuelan President Hugo Chávez claims that former Cuban President Fidel Castro recently appeared publicly in Havana for the first time since 2006. (''Irish Times'')
- A report by China's State Council criticizes the United States' human rights record. (''People's Daily'')`
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 27 February 2009
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Mechelen - Genk : 2 - 1
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- FC Koln - Bielefeld : 1 - 1
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Hansa Rostock - Ahlen : 0 - 0
- Nurnberg - Mainz : 0 - 0
- Wehen - Freiburg : 0 - 1
Division 2Football (France)
- Bastia - Boulogne : 1 - 3
- Brest - Amiens : 1 - 2
- Chateauroux - Tours : 1 - 1
- Clermont - Ajaccio : 1 - 1
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?