Monday 2 February 2009
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on February 2, 2009). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of February people in US were listening to My Life Would Suck Without You by Kelly Clarkson.
Frequently Asked Questions About Time Travel, directed by Gareth Carrivick, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while Black Ops by W. E.B. Griffin was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Trust Me.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Armada 2526 or Bloody Fun Day.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 February 2009
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 February 2009!
Which were the important events of 2 February 2009 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Veja Diena observed.
- St. Adelbald
- Catholicism - Candlemas, The Presentation of the Lord, The Purification of the Blessed Virgin Mary, World Day for Consecrated Life (also February 3 in the United States).
- United States and Canada - Groundhog Day.
- Scotland - A quarter day in the Christian calendar (due to Candlemas).
- Paganism - Imbolc (in northern hemisphere), Lughnasadh (in southern hemisphere).
- Czech Republic - Hromnice.
- St. Cornelius
- France - CrOpe Day.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 02 February
- The United States Senate confirms Eric Holder as Attorney General. (AP via Google News)
- U.S. department store Macy's announces it will cut 7,000 jobs. (CNNMoney)
- Muammar al-Gaddafi is elected Chairman of the African Union. (Reuters)
- A human rights protester throws a shoe at Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao during a speech at Cambridge University. (CNN)
- Nine people are killed when a hospital is shelled in Puthukkudiyiruppu, Sri Lanka. (BBC)
- Japan's Mount Asama erupts. (Reuters)
- Heavy snow across England closes London City Airport and one runway of Heathrow Airport and shuts down all public transport in London. (BBC)
- The International Criminal Court announces it will investigate Israeli war crimes possibly committed during Operation Cast Lead.
- Chairman Mahmoud Abbas says he will not deliberate with any group that does not recognize the Palestine Liberation Organization. (Al Jazeera)
- The Israel Defense Forces bomb the Gaza Strip in response to Palestinian rocket and mortar fire. (Al Jazeera)
- Wildcat strikes spread across the United Kingdom. (Sky News)
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 2 February 2009
Serie AItalian Football
- Bologna - Fiorentina : 1 - 3
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Kaiserslautern - Mainz : 1 - 1
Division 2Football (France)
- Boulogne - Montpellier : 0 - 3
Serie BFootball (Italy)
- Mantova - Livorno : 1 - 3
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Beyonce - Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)
- She Got Her Own - Ne-Yo Featuring Jamie Foxx & Fabolous
- Pop Champagne - Jim Jones & Ron Browz Featuring Juelz Santana
- Live Your Life - T.I. Featuring Rihanna
- Diva - Beyonce
- Kanye West - Heartless
- Chopped 'N' Skrewed - T-Pain Featuring Ludacris
- IfULeave - Musiq Soulchild Featuring Mary J. Blige
- Trading Places - Usher
- Playa Cardz Right - Keyshia Cole Featuring 2Pac
Top #10 Latin songs
- Por Un Segundo - Aventura
- No Me Doy Por Vencido - Luis Fonsi
- Espero - Grupo Montez de Durango
- Te Presumo - Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga
- El Ultimo Beso - Vicente Fernandez
- Te Regalo Amores - RKM & Ken-Y
- Me Estas Tentando - Wisin & Yandel Featuring Nesty
- Cinco Minutos - Gloria Trevi
- Dame Tu Amor - Alacranes Musical
- La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho - Y Que Quede Claro
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
The recent closing of Domino magazine shows that even Condé Nast’s legendary patience to turn a profit is now meeting the pull of economic gravity. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $50.55
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $43.01
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $47.26
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $34.15
- 1 CHF = 5.8926 CNY
- 1 CAD = 5.5235 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.9364 CHF
- 1 AUD = 4.3278 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?