Thursday 19 February 2009
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on February 19, 2009). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Crack A Bottle by Eminem.
The Steam Experiment, directed by Philippe Martinez, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while Why We Suck by Denis Leary was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Trust Me.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Championship Manager 2010 or Marvel Super Hero Squad.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 February 2009
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 February 2009!
Which were the important events of 19 February 2009 ?
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Pisces
- Astrology: Can also be last day of sun sign Aquarius depending on the time of birth and the astrologer's viewpoint.
- Chaoflux (Discordianism)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 19 February
- Kelly Groucutt: Bass guitarist and singer for the band Electric Light Orchestra (Born 1945).
- The US Mint releases the 2009 William Henry Harrison Presidential dollar to circulation.
- Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin's office accuses Georgian pop group Stefane 3G's song ampquotWe Don't Wanna Put Inampquot of hooliganism. (''Financial Times'')
- California's State Legislature approves a US$143-billion budget and fills a $41-billion deficit with a combination of loans, spending and service reductions, and tax increases. (''New York Times'')
- The United States Federal Bureau of Investigation locates Stanford Financial Group Chairman Allen Stanford in Virginia and serves him with a fraud complaint on behalf of the Securities and Exchange Commission. (BBC)
- China claims it has artificially produced snowfall by cloud seeding to ease drought. (AP via Google News)
- Palestinian militants fire three rockets into Israel. (''Jerusalem Post'')
- General Motors says it may provide its struggling Swedish subsidiary Saab Automobile with US$400 million. (Reuters)
- Kyrgyzstan's Supreme Council approves the closure of the U.S. Air Force's Manas Air Base. (Reuters)
- A Russian court acquits three men of aiding the 2006 murder of investigative journalist Anna Politkovskaya. (BBC)
- The French battleship ''Danton'' is discovered in the Mediterranean Sea. (BBC)
- U.S. President Barack Obama meets with Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper in Ottawa. (BBC)
- China's Ministry of Health reports that HIV/AIDS was the country's leading cause of death from infectious disease in 2008. (BBC)
- Two Tupolev Tu-95 bombers are intercepted by two Canadian CF-18's near Canada's airspace hours before United States President Barack Obama arrives in Ottawa, Ontario. (CBC)
- Fort-de-France Mayor Serge Letchimy cancels Martinique's carnival, due to ongoing general strikes. (MSNBC)
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Blame It - Jamie Foxx Featuring T-Pain
- She Got Her Own - Ne-Yo Featuring Jamie Foxx & Fabolous
- Diva - Beyonce
- Turnin Me On - Keri Hilson Featuring Lil Wayne
- Beyonce - Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)
- Rockin' That Thang - The-Dream
- Kanye West - Heartless
- Just Like Me - Jamie Foxx Featuring T.I.
- Pop Champagne - Jim Jones & Ron Browz Featuring Juelz Santana
- IfULeave - Musiq Soulchild Featuring Mary J. Blige
Top #10 Latin songs
- El Ultimo Beso - Vicente Fernandez
- Por Un Segundo - Aventura
- No Me Doy Por Vencido - Luis Fonsi
- Espero - Grupo Montez de Durango
- Te Presumo - Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga
- Me Estas Tentando - Wisin & Yandel Featuring Nesty
- Cinco Minutos - Gloria Trevi
- Te Regalo Amores - RKM & Ken-Y
- Maldito Licor - El Chapo de Sinaloa
- La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho - Y Que Quede Claro
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
Papers from New York, Albany, Buffalo, Newark and Hackensack, N.J., are forming an alliance. [..]
The Obama administration’s housing plan aims to help homeowners who fall into two categories: those struggling to pay their mortgages and those shut out of the refinancing market. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $49.84
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $39.85
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $45.20
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $32.79
- 1 CHF = 5.8209 CNY
- 1 CAD = 5.4321 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.9323 CHF
- 1 AUD = 0.7552 CHF
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?