Wednesday 11 February 2009
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ikhyd Bronfman .
In that special week of February people in US were listening to My Life Would Suck Without You by Kelly Clarkson.
He's Just Not That Into You, directed by Ken Kwapis, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Last Straw by Jeff Kinne was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Freedom Watch with Judge Napolitano.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing The Clique: Diss and Make-Up Queen Teen: The Clique or Burning Tires 3D.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 February 2009!
Which were the important events of 11 February 2009 ?
- World Day of the Sick.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Our Lady of Lourdes.
- National Foundation Day in Japan (See Holidays of Japan.)
- National Youth Day in Cameroon.
- Professor Leets' Day in the United States.
- National Inventors' Day in the United States.
- Ikhyd Bronfman: American noted family, the first child and son of British rapper M.I.
- Eleanor Harz: Jorden American linguistics scholar and an influential Japanese language educator and expert.
- Ronettes singer Estelle Bennett ("Be My Baby") dies at age 67 in Englewood, New Jersey.
- Economy of the United States:
- The budget deficit reached US$84 billion in January 2009, due to the financial crisis. (Market Watch)
- The Senate and House of Representatives reach a compromise on the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act. (Reuters)
- The number of worldwide connections to cellular networks reaches four billion. (Reuters)
- Azerbaijan Air Force Lieutenant General Rail Rzayev is killed in Baku. (BBC)
- Palestinian militants launch four mortar shells and one Qassam rocket from the Gaza Strip into Israel. (Haaretz)
- A mysterious deposit of cosmic dust is discovered inside the Red Rectangle Nebula. (MSNBC)
- Mexico's National Institute of Anthropology and History announces the discovery of a 16th-century mass grave at the Tlatelolco archaeological site in Mexico City. (Reuters)
- Twenty-seven people die during a suicide attack in Kabul, Afghanistan. (Sky News)
- Chinese fishing vessels desert the Northern Limit Line, signaling a possible North Korean missile test. (Reuters)
- An oil tanker and a container ship collide off the coast of Dubai, United Arab Emirates. (AP via Google News)
- The Philippines' Bureau of Fisheries and Aquatic Resources rescues more than 200 dolphins after a mass beaching in Bataan. (Philippine Daily Inquirer)
- Oscar Temaru is elected President of French Polynesia for the fourth time in five years. (RNZI)
- The United Kingdom's Conservative Party admits to altering the Italian painter Titian's Wikipedia entry following a confrontation with Prime Minister Gordon Brown. (BBC)
- Renowned Molecular Biologist Dr Abdul Majid Cheema escaped death when unknown armed men opened fire on his vehicle on Quetta,Pakistan.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 11 February 2009
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?