Friday 20 February 2009
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on February 20, 2009). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Crack A Bottle by Eminem.
The Steam Experiment, directed by Philippe Martinez, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while Dewey by Vicki Myron with Bret Witter was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Trust Me.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing AFL Mascot Manor or Calling.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 20 February 2009
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 February 2009!
Which were the important events of 20 February 2009 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 20 February
- Larry H Miller: American businessman and owner of the Utah Jazz (Born 1944).
- Swedish carmaker Saab (a unit of American carmaker General Motors) files for protection from creditors while it tries to find a new partner and raise funds.
- Spot gold hits a peak of US$1005.40, its highest since March 18, 2008.
- Two Tamil Tigers aircraft packed with C4 explosives en-route to the national airforce headquarters are shot down by the Sri Lankan military before reaching their target, in a kamikaze style attack.
- The Tamil Tigers aerially attack Colombo, Sri Lanka, killing two people and injuring at least 40 others. (Reuters)
- The United States will return Benyam Mohammed to the United Kingdom after four years of imprisonment at Guantanamo Bay Naval Base's detention camp. (BBC)
- Israel seizes 425 acres of Palestinian Authority state land in the West Bank for a Jewish settlement. (AP via Google News)
- Latvian Prime Minister Ivars Godmanis and his government resign. (Bloomberg)
- Gold futures reclaim the US$1,000-an-ounce mark. (MarketWatch)
- New York State Attorney General Andrew Cuomo subpoenas Bank of America Chairman and CEO Kenneth Lewis for misleading investors during the purchase of Merrill Lynch. (''Wall Street Journal'')
- Israeli President Shimon Peres selects Likud Chairman Benjamin Netanyahu to form the country's next government. (Ynetnews)
- A suicide attack kills 25 people in Dera Ismail Khan, Pakistan. (BBC)
- Forty-seven people are injured when a Northwest Airlines flight from the Philippines to Japan experiences severe turbulence. (BBC)
- India investigates several deaths caused by the hepatitis B virus in the western state of Gujarat. (BBC)
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 20 February 2009
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Genk - Mouscron : 1 - 1
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Schalke 04 - Dortmund : 1 - 1
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Freiburg - Augsburg : 1 - 0
- Ingolstadt - Aachen : 0 - 0
- Mainz - Hansa Rostock : 3 - 1
Division 2Football (France)
- Ajaccio - Brest : 1 - 1
- Amiens - Bastia : 0 - 1
- Angers - Vannes : 0 - 1
- Boulogne - Reims : 0 - 3
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Blame It - Jamie Foxx Featuring T-Pain
- She Got Her Own - Ne-Yo Featuring Jamie Foxx & Fabolous
- Diva - Beyonce
- Turnin Me On - Keri Hilson Featuring Lil Wayne
- Beyonce - Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)
- Rockin' That Thang - The-Dream
- Kanye West - Heartless
- Just Like Me - Jamie Foxx Featuring T.I.
- Pop Champagne - Jim Jones & Ron Browz Featuring Juelz Santana
- IfULeave - Musiq Soulchild Featuring Mary J. Blige
Top #10 Latin songs
- El Ultimo Beso - Vicente Fernandez
- Por Un Segundo - Aventura
- No Me Doy Por Vencido - Luis Fonsi
- Espero - Grupo Montez de Durango
- Te Presumo - Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga
- Me Estas Tentando - Wisin & Yandel Featuring Nesty
- Cinco Minutos - Gloria Trevi
- Te Regalo Amores - RKM & Ken-Y
- Maldito Licor - El Chapo de Sinaloa
- La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho - Y Que Quede Claro
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
Though it represents about 5 percent of overall Nestlé sales, Nespresso is now the fastest growing among the company’s most important brands. [..]
Mr. Ashley and his wife founded Laura Ashley, the international company that fashioned tasteful women’s clothing and an array of housewares. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $49.14
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $38.85
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $44.03
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $30.86
- 1 CHF = 5.9188 CNY
- 1 CAD = 5.4624 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.9229 CHF
- 1 AUD = 4.4217 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?