Wednesday 27 July 1949
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include David Muse and Jeremy Thomas.
In the Good Old Summertime, directed by Robert Z. Leonard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
On TV people were watching The Magic Cottage.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 July 1949!
Which were the important events of 27 July 1949 ?
- Maldives - Independence Day, 2nd Day
- Vietnam - Memorial Day for War Martyrs
- Ancient Latvia - Septinu Guletaju Diena held
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 10 saints: St. Pantaleon
- St. Congall
- The Seven Sleepers, Saints Maximian
- Cuba - Revolution Day, 2nd Day
- St. Luican
- David Muse: Rocker (Firefall).
- Jeremy Thomas: Actor (Family Life).
- Maureen McGovern in Youngstown: Ohio, USA; singer ("Got to be a Morning After").
- Andre Dupont: Quebec ice hockey player.
- Maury Chaykin: American actor, appearing in "The Adjuster," "Dances with Wolves" and "Whale Music.
- Maureen McGovern: American singer known for traditional pop, standards and ballads. She earned a reputation for being one of America's most popular artists in a career that spans 30 years of recordings, concerts, the Broadway stage, films, television and radio, with a voice that defies categorization: from a jazzy, warm pop register she glides easily into a crystalline coloratura. She was a secretary when she was hired by Russ Regan to sing the theme from the movie "The Poseidon Adventure" in 1973. It was a No.1
- André Dupont: Canadian ice hockey player and coach
- Susan Gordon: American actress (d. 2011)
- Rory MacDonald: Scottish singer-songwriter and bass player (Runrig and The Band from Rockall)
- Robert Rankin: English author and illustrator
- 1st jet-propelled airline (De Havilland Comet) flies
- Initial flight of the de Havilland Comet, the first jet-powered airliner.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 27 July 1949
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?