Sunday 10 July 1949
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Henriette Martinez and Dave Smally.
The Great Gatsby, directed by Elliott Nugent, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
while A Rage to Live by John O'Hara was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Armchair Detective.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 July 1949!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 10 July 1949 ?
- Mauritania - Armed Forces Day
- Bahamas - Independence Day
- Silence Day - celebrated by followers of Meher Baba
- Ancient Latvia - Septinu Bralu Diena observed
- Henriette Martinez
- Dave Smally: Rocker (Raspberries).
- Mark Shera in Bayonne: New Jersey, USA; actor (SWAT, Barnaby Jones).
- Ronnie James Dio: Rocker (Dio-Holy Diver, Deep Purple, Black Sabbath).
- Wally Bryson: North Carolina, United States -- Rock guitarist / vocalist (Fotomaker, Raspberries).
- Anna Czerwinska: Polish mountaineer.
- Anna Czerwińska: Polish mountaineer and author.
- Sunil Gavaskar: Indian cricketer and sportscaster.
- Greg Kihn: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (The Greg Kihn Band).
- Winston Rekert: Canadian actor and director (d. 2012).
- John Whitehead: American singer-songwriter and producer (McFadden & Whitehead) (d. 2004).
- 1st practical rectangular TV tube announced - Toledo, Ohio
- WJAR TV channel 10 in Providence, RI (NBC) begins broadcasting
- First practical rectangular TV tube announced in Toledo, Ohio.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1949 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?