Wednesday 30 July 2008
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of July people in US were listening to I Kissed A Girl by Katy Perry.
Pineapple Express, directed by David Gordon Green, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while Rules Of Deception by Christopher Reich was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Mummy Forensics.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bionic Commando: Rearmed or Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 July 2008!
Which were the important events of 30 July 2008 ?
- Vanuatu - Independence Day
- St. Julitta (a martyr)
- St. Sennen
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Abdon
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 30 July
- Anne Armstrong: U.
- Heritage Numismatic Auctions sells a 1944-S steel Lincoln cent graded MS-66 by NGC for US$373,450, a record for any small cent.
- The United States Food and Drug Administration finds the salmonella strain responsible for the 2008 United States salmonellosis outbreak in irrigation water at a serrano pepper at a farm in Nuevo León, Mexico. (''The Los Angeles Times'')
- Prime Minister of Israel Ehud Olmert announces his intention to resign as Prime Minister in two months as his Kadima party chooses a new leader. He will also resign as Chairman of Kadima effective in two months. One reason for resignation is the corruption scandal in which Olmert is embattled. (BBC News)
- In the United Kingdom, the Appellate Committee of the House of Lords rejects an appeal by alleged British computer hacker Gary McKinnon against extradition to the United States to face charges of hacking into Pentagon and NASA computers. (AP via ''The Washington Post'')
- Air safety investigators from the Australian Transport Safety Bureau confirm an oxygen cylinder was responsible for an explosion on board Qantas Flight 30 on 25 July 2008. (ABC News Australia)
- The High Court of Australia rules that Australian aborigines control 80% of the coast of the Northern Territory. (TVNZ)
- NASA confirms liquid lake on Titan. (NASA)
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2008 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?